Anyone at the maintaining stage??

Options
2»

Replies

• BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done. I am in maintenance mode (kind of). I hit a plateau of around September. I was losing a 2 pounds a week then slowed down to ½ pound per week. I have just a few more pounds to goal but it is going to take me a while. Here’s what I do. If I have a week where the numbers on the scales are not working for me, I step up the exercise and watch the food intake. That’s it. Thanksgiving (even with reasonable intake) was looking very bad (one day was up 6 lbs) but it all came back off in a few days (salt maybe). Best of luck to you.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    This is my first week on maintenance and have the same concerns...Anyone have any advice...please forward it. Maybe we need to start a "Maintenance" group???? I have lots of questions....i.e...I have had a cheat meal once a week until I met my goal....Do I do that on maintenance...surely not, right????
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I actually have another question, that perhaps one of you can assist me with. MFP is way low on maintenance! I've been eating at 1600, 1800 and now 2000 net. I have figured my TDEE at 2100 give or take, and have set my calorie goal at 2000. However, since that's figured at a very active level, it seems to me that to maintain, I would not eat back any exercise calories, as that level was included in my figures? I'm getting myself way confused (which is only too easy, lol). Thanks!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If your exercise routine is consistent then I would recommend the following: Use MFP to track you food. Adjust your intake periodically to keep the scales where you want them.:wink: