Body Building

Options
Has anyone checked out the website bodybuilding.com? I am wanting to add weight training to my exercise routine but have no clue what to do or where to start. I stumbled upon this website and it seems really cool like a great place for a beginner. Has anyone used it and if so, what are your thoughts on the webiste's information and exercises? Thanks!

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I absoulutely love this site! Discovered it about 2 years ago, it's very informative and some of the women on the forums really know their stuff. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to get into lifting but doesn't know where to start.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I just came across it the other week. I thought it was pretty cool. lol
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I use it. Mainly using their charts to keep track of lifting progress, but I've read the forums before and as the previous poster said, some of the people there really seem to know what they're talking about! :)
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey! :D I actually just put up a post yesterday about that website. I found the profile of a man named "Ed Cook", and his user name is OldSuperman. I think he has some guide tips that you can use on his page :)

Good luck!
    ~ Jen
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Yes, several MFPers post on there regularly.

I believe the following:

1) The supersite is crap, you should disregard most of the information, if not all of it.
    2) The forums are generally very good. Nutrition, Workout Programs, Fat Loss will all be valuable resources, especially the stickied threads in that section.