I Dont Feel like cooking days

Options
So for lunch my bf and I decided to eat out because all we had to make, was wheat pasta with ground turkey. The orginal plan was to go eat some Wendy's because its cheap and yummy. Driving halfway there I started feeling guilty that I was about to go stuff my face with greasy goodness, so I told my bf to take a right towards Subway instead. I got a 6” wheat turkey sub, with spinach, jalapenos, red onions, tomatoes and yes cheese! Cant forget lite mayo. Hey atleast I had some self control not to goto Wendy's, ugh even though I REALLY wanted to. So my question is what do you all do on days you dont feel like cooking/eating at home?

Replies

• quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all.....I don't really deny myself anything. I know myself well enough that if I start depriving myself - I'll get burned out. Sad, but true.

When we have those 'not cooking days', we try to make the best of it. Subway veggie delites are my biggie. My boyfrien loves whole wheat penne pasta from Fazolis with marinara sauce.

I think most fast food places/ restaurants have somewhat healthy options, you just have to do your research beforehand :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I get stir fry chicken (Chines take-out) or a plate of sushi! :) Or I share a simple hamburger, a small fries and a side salad with my son.
  • Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a strategy for these days that really helps me. When I'm cooking I sometimes make extra, and then I put some portions in the fridge (if I know I'll be busy in the next couple days and will need quick meals) or in the freezer if I want to store them for longer. I store them in tupperware sized to individual servings, for convenience. On days when I don't want to do any cooking, I just pop those into the microwave and I have food that's tasty and much more nutritious than the pizza I would otherwise have ordered.

I still go out to eat, of course, but I like to save going out for the days I really feel like dinner at a restaurant or a special treat or whatnot.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't do much real cooking, most of my food comes out of the freezer and goes through the microwave and then onto my plate. I keep bags of pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken strips and bags of veggies that steam in the bag. I know a lot of people are not fans of frozen or microwaved foods but it's much better than what I was eating before MFP LOL, plus it's so quick and easy I really don't have an excuse of not having time. I also usually keep some fresh spinach and other produce in the house, and tortillas, and frozen salmon. I can whip up a tasty salad or wrap and add in my protein and I'm good to go.

If I just need something different than what we have in the house, we'll hit up subay for a sandwich or Chickfila for a nice big salad. It just tastes different when you don't make it yourself. LOL. Of course if I'm going to get a salad at Chickfila it's a safe bet that I'm probably going to add a cheesecake, providing I have enough calories available. ;-)