cauliflower

Options
naner
naner Posts: 110
:smile: I want to make cauliflower for dinner tonite!!! anyone know a good recipe????

Replies

• naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    :smile: I want to make cauliflower for dinner tonite!!! anyone know a good recipe????
  • jaymcgirl02
    jaymcgirl02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :love: I love cauliflour!!!

I would just steam it or bake it and mix in fresh garlic, some olive oil, and lemon juice and sprinkle with low fat cheese :) YUM!
  • jmagnesi
    Options
    i love to make cauliflower mashed potatos just boil it untill its really soft ,drain, add garlic salt pepper and lite parmasan cheese and mash it all up its all the goodness without all the calories and carbs if you like them even more creamy you can also use a little milk
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    wonder if I could trick the kids with the mashed cauliflower?!:devil:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Spicy South Indian Cauliflower
    By MARTHA ROSE SHULMAN
    Serve this chile-laced stir-fry with rice or other grains, and with flat Indian bread.

1 large cauliflower (1 3/4 to 2 pounds), broken into florets

2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil

1-inch piece of ginger, peeled, sliced and cut into thin slivers or minced

1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted and crushed

1 to 2 serrano chiles, to taste, seeded if desired and minced

1 cup chopped fresh or canned tomatoes

2 teaspoons coriander seeds, lightly toasted and ground

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

Salt to taste

1/4 cup chopped cilantro

1 lime, cut in wedges, for serving

1. Place the cauliflower in a steaming basket above one inch of boiling water. Cover and steam for one minute. Lift the lid and allow steam to escape for 15 seconds, then cover again and steam for five minutes or until the cauliflower is just tender. Remove from the heat and refresh with cold water. Quarter the larger florets, and set the cauliflower aside.

2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy nonstick skillet or wok above medium heat. Add the ginger, cumin seeds and chiles, and stir-fry for one minute. Add the cauliflower and stir-fry for two to three minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, ground coriander, cayenne, turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, for five minutes, until the tomatoes have cooked down and the mixture is fragrant. Taste and adjust salt. Stir in the cilantro, stir for another 30 seconds and then serve, passing lime wedges for squeezing.

Yield: Serves 4 to 6

Oh, by the way, I usually almost double the spice amount as I prefer to actually TASTE my spices. Enjoy!
  • jmagnesi
    Options
    you def could my best friend does all the time they love them soo much she even broke the news to them and they still eat them