Morbidly Obese

Options

Replies

• barbiebarkley
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!you should be very proud of urself!!!!!!and i believe you can do this!!!this site is a wonderful help,if ya want you can add me!!!!keep up with the good work!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success thus far. You will find nothing but support and good wishes on this site, so don't be afraid to share!
  • chrisdaddino
    Options
    congratulations on your start to your fitness and health goals, i am so proud of you and you are an inspiration to us all. you go girl....

so very nice to meet you
  • lalalalovely85
    Options
    Great job!! I agree that you're an inspiration =) We're all here for you and know you can accomplish any goals you set your mind to!! This is such a great community to be a part of....Lots of love and support.
  • cunnine
    Options
    Great job on the weight lost. I pretty new to this community, but i've enjoyed all the positive posts. I had GBS in August, have about 70 more pounds to loss. We love to have you as a friend. Good Luck
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie to this am struggling with motivation re: exercise. Have done well with calories allowed. I am 55 and had to retire 6 years ago as an Emergency Care RN due to morbid obesity. On a slow but steady path to lose 272 pounds and regain my health and become physically fit again. Did well this summer with EA Sports Active 2 & our local YMCA for cardio .
  • dHowe4406
    Options
    Congratulations on taking charge of your life. I wish you the best of luck in your journey!
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for making the firm decision to take good care of yourself, sticking to it and finding this amazing site to support your journey! I wish I knew this existed while I had my hardest times losing weight couple of years back. But even in maintaining and making some fine tuning this is a great source of inspiration, ideas, experiences, knowledge and support just when it is needed. I love the way people here are open to share their journeys, challenges and solutions since like we all know, 1 fix doesn't fit all. By reading and testing tens and hundreads of different approaches we will find the ones working in our own lifes and situations. If ever need any encouragement while having plateau or even weight gain on this pumby road, just read some of the success stories with pictures and you will know that this is doable! Anyone can do it with time and persistance - best of luck to you too!!! :-)))
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    Welcome!! Just take each day one at a time and you will get to the goal you want for yourself. It can be frustrating, but we're all here to help you in any way you need
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    Welcome! You're off to a great start :)
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    Awesome to have you here!! Stay with it, we're all in this together.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! You CAN do this! Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! It can be done - we're all working away at it! Glad you've joined. : )
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes! You can do this! Great job on the weight lost already- you're on track and I have a great feeling that sooner than later, we'll be reading your phenomenal sucess story :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Great job getting off 20lbs, you so got this! You can do it, I believe in you. If you would like some moral support feel free to add me :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Congrats on weight lost thus far!! Success is never giving up!! I also had RNY in 2004
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on your fine start. Wow, 20+ pounds is really a lot and I know its not easy. Keep working at it. Exercise is very
    important. If you can walk a mile a day that would an excellent thing. I was 391 and lost about 120 pounds, but have regained
    20. I am having to work harder than ever to get back on track. I have had some foot related injury due to a treadmill. I pushed it
    too hard. Do your best and remember, anything you lose is a step in the right direction. Maybe you could make it the whole way naturally, without the operation. Just see what you can manage on your own. Here for you if you ever need me.

Dan
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I have a lot of weight to lose as well, but I'm afraid of surgery. (Not trying to talk you out of it. I'm afraid of ladders and enclosed places, too. I don't wish my fears on other people...). I wish us both a lot of luck!
    Congrats on your success so far! Wishing you much more!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great start! One day at a time and lots of great support will get you through to your goals. This is the place to be. Good luck!
  • ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Excellent start so far - good for you! Looking forward to the day we can see your before & after pictures and remark what a fabulous job you have done. Stick with it - you can do it!