What keeps you motivated?

Options
Hello fellow MFP members!

Thought it would be inspiring and interesting to hear what you have to say to...

"What keeps you motivated?"

Replies

• fuzzimama
    Options
    The little "If every day were like today you would weigh ...kg in 5 weeks". I really love that function :)
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    The little "If every day were like today you would weigh ...kg in 5 weeks". I really love that function :)

I second that!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love it too!!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    vanity and sex
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Being 35... LOL. Seriously. I still look like I'm in my 20's and I'm so thankful for that. I just got married and that's a huge motivation... I want the sex to stay great :-) Also, I lost my mom two years ago to suicide... that's a tremendous thing to process and in a way, it motivates me to want to live and make every day count.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    My own success story. Seeing how far I have come and how close I am to goal.. it makes me want to keep moving forward.

And I am also inspired and motivated by others who have been successful.
  • tiseminger
    tiseminger Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think signing up for races to work toward has helped keep me motivated. I have done 2 "mud run" 5ks and just finished another 5k run...I think I will sign up for a few more to keep me working hard. Maybe move up to a 10k and more mud runs--and actually work toward running the whole thing =)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My progress so far. :)
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Attention! That might sound shallow and self centered but for 5 years I have been hiding and now I LOVE getting attention!!
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    My motivation is seeing all the unhealthy people in the world around me and how I don't want to have discomfort and health problems as I get older. My alarm goes off in the early morning to exercise and I have no problem not hitting snooze. Eating on the other hand, I do struggle with, unfortunately. But with the help of this site I'm doing much better now.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Im my own motivation... sounds kinda crazy huh??? In 2005 I suffered from a mild heart attack... and I never want to be in that place again... my changes are small and steady but none the least ... dammit im changing....:bigsmile:
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Feeling myself get smaller and healthier, having more stamina, and when my fiance wraps his arms around me then comments on how much smaller I am.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Honestly for me its God. And more specifically this scripture: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time
    we WILL reap a harvest if we do not give up. -Gal 6:9 It's like God is making me a guarantee that I will SEE great results. All I gotta do is stick with it.

It also helps having some great friends on mfp because we are all struggling with the same thing. That is really helpful because my friends and family dont really understand how serious this is to me. So yea, I love mfp.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    what keeps me motivated is how much better and healthier I feel now that i finally got my *kitten* in gear and started dropping the weight, also seeing my husbands face when he was home for R&R in October and seeing his face in March when he returns home from Afghanistan..also my co workers who hate on me for "bragging" about how much weight i am losing and how i count my calories..my haters keep me motivated to continue kicking *kitten* while their *kitten*'s keep getting bigger! haha.!
  • bellaitalia603
    bellaitalia603 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i am doing this really keeping my brother in mind. he is so supportive of me, and just gets how my weight affects my whole entire life. he wants to see me feeling confident and good about myself. and i really want to be able to make him proud. he is right there for me, and i want to do this to show him i can be strong and make myself better.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    ^ That makes me really happy as well ^ but the fact that I use to be a buck 5 and size 1 keeps me motivated. I will never be that again because I had two babies. But, it means I am able to be just as small or close to it :) Plus I wanna wear a bikini
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Definitely my MFP friends :)
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    The mirror.
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a group of MFP besties that help me through and make me not want to quit, because if I do quit, I would miss them too much!:heart:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for my buds on MFP I wouldn't have been able to make it as far as I've come!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!