Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    moderate calorie deficit - works every time
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mind set is huge :) My husband is deploys and gets bback in June so I have that as a huge focus. The other thing is don't let one bad day ruin your whole plan, start each day fresh.

Set mini goals - Achieving little goals just ups your motivation and helps you work that much harder to keep going

Support - make sure to find yourself a good support group, if you're not getting the support you need from your family and friends then build your friends and your support groups here on MFP.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Water, clean eating
    > fiber, protein, and strength training (in a nut shell)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Drive and determination, and a focus on health and fitness rather than just the scale.
  • liztee123
    Options
    put a couple really horrible photos of yourself in your kitchen near the fridge, pantry, etc.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Honestly logging what I am eating. - makes it hard to lie to myself when it is in black and white.
    Plan my food for the day. - I keep quality food near at hand. Take my lunch to work. Cook multiple meals at one time for when I am busy.
    Exercise regularly - Keeps the body active. It also is an appetite suppressant. Cardio and Resistance both, but not at the same time. If you absolutely must pick only one, go with cardio. But do everything you can to work in both.
    Drink plenty of water. We often mistake thirst for hunger. Proper metabolism also needs water.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bad pictures on fb made me see what other people see
  • chrisdaddino
    Options
    keeping a food journal is the best way to keep track of how many calories you are consuming... the most successful people that reach their fitness goals all journal everything they eat. it keeps you on track, and helps you make sure you have the proper calorie deficit every day in order to be losing weight. if you do not have a calorie deficit, you are not going to lose weight
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Drive and determination, and a focus on health and fitness rather than just the scale.

I will ditto that as well.
  • briggsl23
    Options
    Eat healthy,(fruits, veggies, fiber, protein, lean meats, whole wheat).. lots, and lots of water, cardio and strength training, and always eat calorie goal..pretty much is it..not an easy task sometimes, but stay focused and find a excellent support group, or friend that will help you stay motivated!..Dont beat yourself down if you slip, just pick right back up with it...Best wishes to ya!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Being CONSISTENT. If you have a consistent calorie deficit, consistent exercise, consistent intake of essentials, consistent rest times, then you should succeed.
    When you're not consistent, you will get inconsistent results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Proper diet and a lots of cardio and resistance exercise - eat less move more.

That's it...
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    my new VS bikini ;) I have 6 months to lose another 14lbs :D
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Food Scale, that 2 table spoons of ranch dressing you just put on that 10 calories of salad was really 5. Making it a 420 calorie salad.

Weigh and portion your food.
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Results. Admiring my much-slimmer stomach in the mirror makes it really easy to say no to overeating!
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    For me I don't use a scale because I don't want to become too weird about the number on it so I use my mirror as my guide and my jeans of corse. ;)

- Fiber is your best friend, it keeps me full and stops some of my cravings!

- Muti vitamins help my hunger for some reasons (I only take one a day.) and they give me awsome skin too.

- Veggies! Celery is so good they say your body burns calories eating it!

- Positive attitude is key though, never compareing myself to others helps me because we are all a little bit different and we just have to accpet the shape we got stuck with and work with it, not against it.

~ Always looking for more MFP friends for support :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    Mindset for sure you have to really want it more then anything.....also logging food daily and getting in extra exercise everyday even if it is only 10 mins, also strength training and just concentrating on the next 10 lbs at a time it make it more doable not so overwhelming.......
  • itsthepollgirl
    Options
    moderate calorie deficit - works every time

Yes I definitely agree with sunshine. I combine this with a diet program that I use called the Diet Solution Program. So far I lost 27 lbs with it so keep your fingers cross so that I can lose more :) If you want to check it out and lose weight yourself...here's the link http://reviewcentral.cz.cc Just being generous
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Persistance. Honestly I don't think it matters too much what "diet" you choose - just stuck to it!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It helps if the exercise you're doing is something you like and want to do instead of feeling like you are forced to for weight loss.

Don't follow a diet that you don't think you could stick to for the rest of your life.