Hummus

Options
candycaneps
candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
I bought some, and don't like it =( Any ideas on how I can incorporate it into a recipes and not really "taste" it?

Replies

• candycaneps
    Options
    I bought some, and don't like it =( Any ideas on how I can incorporate it into a recipes and not really "taste" it?
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    But why do you want to eat it anyway, if you dont like it? :huh:

You can use it in salad for example. I recently made up a greek style salad with rice and I put it in there. It mixes with the dressing and the ingredients and makes it more sticky (so you dont have to pick up every single rice corn on its own). You dont taste that much of it. :smile:
  • candycaneps
    Options
    Because I don't want to waste food. I didn't know if I would like it or not, I bought it, tasted it didn't really like it but I don't want to just throw it away.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    are you eating it straight up? hummus always tastes better after you add a little olive oil and lemon juice. i eat it with pita chips or with veggies. you can also use it as a spread on sandwiches
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    spread it thin on bread for a sandwich.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    Yeah. Straight out of the tub =D I will have to try that!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    what kind? plain?

I use red or green pepper strips, carrots, celery to dip! I love it and it helps me get my veggies in.

Add some hot sauce, or pepper flake, or more lemon!!
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like to use it with tuna or chicken salads. I use it with mayo to make a little thicker chicken salad. I mixed 1/2 tbs of fat free mayo with 1/2 tbs of roasted garlic hummus with 1.5 oz of chopped chicken breast and some roasted red peppers. stuffed it into a pita pocket. Awesome and I think that will get you over the texture/taste of hummus that does not appeal to you.