Disney - what's a must?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm letting my daughter answer this......

k i'm 13 and my mom takes us there every year, don't really like magic kingdom but for some reason parents think we'll like it, animal kingdom is really awesome, Epcot sucked big time, so did seaworld, i loved when we went to Universal studios..adventure island..the other park was a total bust, we had meal deal tickets and everything, and i love it there, also really liked hanging out in downtown disney, but my all time favourite thing was discovery cove, it'sthe coolest place ever, and they give you lunch and drinks, and you can like tube through these like caves it's soooo freakin awesome, I love it, gatorland was kinda cool, it has like a zillion gators hanging around and some pretty cool shows to watch, Busch gardens is good too, but been there too many times, and kinda sick of it, the medieval time show is lots of fun, so is the Pirate of the caribbean one..think thats what its called we stay at the Nickelodeon hotel, which is the coolest place ever!! it's better then any of the disney hotels that we ever stayed in u can even get slimed in one of their shows, and they have like a huge water park, 3 pools, mini putt, basketball, that place really rocks, video games in the room...very cool place! =D, jut ask ur kids what they wanna do, let em look at the websites, thats what my mom and dad do, and we pick out stuff that looks cool.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    ok, I've been to the parks more times than i should ever admit, and I love going- but for your kids being the age they are Epcot will not be as fun- there aren't as many rides, and there is a ton of walking- The World Showcase in particular. As I got older I definitely appreciate EPCOT a lot more. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to see everything- in June it will be hot, and most likely crowded. also a good chance for afternoon thunderstorms. like it was said earlier- buy a good guidebook to Walt Disney World, kind of plan out your days, but don't make it so set in stone that a lil mishap will throw you off. there is free transportation to the parks and from park to park if you stay at a resort. Otherwise bring sunscreen and drink lots of water, and have a ton of fun. I'm jealous, its been a couple years since i went.:happy:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys - thank you so much for the GREAT ideas and suggestions. I'm going to print off this thread so I can remember everything!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Magic Kingdom:
    Monster's Inc Laugh Floor (New, and hysterical)
    Buzz Lightyear Ride (Still a family fav.)
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Carousel of Progress (no line, you get to sit down, and it's air conditioned. Your oldest might appreciate that Walt's voice is still used)
    It's a Small World

EPCOT:
    Soarin'
    Ellen's Energy Adventure (Educational and so funny!)
    The ride in the Norway pavillion
    Lunch with the Princesses in Norway
    I loved EPCOT as a kid (and still do) Lots to do, good food, and beautiful scenery

MGM
    Your eldest might like Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster
    The Beauty and the Beast Show
    Stunt Show
    I know that there are quite a few shows for kids. We like to do this park the day after Magic Kingdom because there is not as much to do, so you can sleep in.

Animal Kingdom
    Kilamonjaro Safari
    Expedition Everest (again, your eldest will like it)
    Finding Nemo the musical (we lined up an hour before hand and had excellent seats. One of the best parts of our trip!)
    Dinosaur the ride (both kids should be fine with this one)

I hope that you guys have fun! I'm so jealous! Be sure to make reservations for character dining. Here's a list: http://www.kingdommagictravel.com/disneyworld/dining/character_dining.htm