HELP PLEASE! RELATING TO EXERCISING! ...

Options
Hi guys, okay I am a bit confused on exercising part.

Tomorrow i'm starting my diet and i was wondering would it be a good idea if i do about 45 mins carido on cross-trainer then straight after that do 25 mins of 30 day shred by jillian michaels in the morning

and break my pilates workout at night like after dinner, wait hour or so after and do pilates and 30 minutes cardio before i take a shower and head to sleep?

would that work?

coz i know for sure i wont be able to do it all together at once..

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yep! i do because of my sched!
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    yep! i do because of my sched!

Thats GREAT! :)

I have time to be honest but i just know my body wont let me probably do the whole thing all at once.. and it be good to i guess exercise and take a shower before heading back to sleep.
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! If you feel that you can't do it all at once then take it a step at a time..
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! If you feel that you can't do it all at once then take it a step at a time..

awww thanks hun. :) it might work. Ill just exercise while im watching ghost whisper on my laptop or something lol
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    the best work out plan is the one you can stick to. if it works for you, great. if you feel like you can't keep this schedule, don't be afraid to change it up and adjust your plans.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, okay I am a bit confused on exercising part.

Tomorrow i'm starting my diet and i was wondering would it be a good idea if i do about 45 mins carido on cross-trainer then straight after that do 25 mins of 30 day shred by jillian michaels in the morning

and break my pilates workout at night like after dinner, wait hour or so after and do pilates and 30 minutes cardio before i take a shower and head to sleep?

would that work?

coz i know for sure i wont be able to do it all together at once..

30 DS is only 20 minutes so that and cardio would be goo together however I recoment breaking it up... I have learned with doing 30 DS it is easier to do if you are warmed up a little more than just her warm up. So I would do the cross trainer for about 20 minutes then do 30 DS and then finish with your cool down being the rest of the cross trainer. Also I workout at night b/c i am to lazy to get up earlier than 6 in the mornings which is when I have to get up for work and it works. however, I recomend drinking a hot tea or something after to help sooth you b/c cardio can get your blood pumping and make it hard to go straight to sleep. I have also learned that if you weigh in first thing in the morning do exercises early in the day b/c if you do it at night your muscles retain fluid after a hard workout and then it can cause the scale to be up the next day. And they are right after your body gets into a routine it could come to a stand still and then you need to change it up to jump start it again. Good luck!! :D
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't completely understand your question, but that sounds like too much working out in one day. To summarize your doing:

75 minutes of general cardio (45 in the morning and 30 at night)
    25 minutes of strenuous cardio and weights on 30DS
    30(?) minutes of pilates

Honestly, I can't think of a reason a person would need that many workouts in one day. Are you training for something? Is this a routine you have done before?

Try something sustainable. Are you going to be able to legitimately do this every day, or even three times a week? I know I couldn't.

If your question is "do you have to do all of your working out for the day at one time?", then the answer is certainly "no".
    If your question is "does this sound like a good workout routine?" I'd probably have to say no. It just sounds like too much, but maybe I'm not is as good of shape as you are...