carbs or protein ..

Options
I have been logging all I eat for over 2 months now. Have lost size but not as I feel I should.. I do atleast 800 bcalories in cardio daily with other exercises worked in throughout the day..( push ups, abs, dips, weight training and a sledge hamemer/tire routine
I have been on a 40/40/20 ratio for a few weeks. Still nothing on weight.

I changed my goals today to 2200 and a 35/45/25 ratio for carbs/protein and fats...
Is it better to be lower carb/ higher protein ?

Need advice please.. have 3 months to go before I get home and really want to show some results for my efforts

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You've lost 13 lbs in 2 months, I think it's a pretty good number! Especially since you "only" have 33lbs to lose.

I've found that a higher protein ratio helps me feeling full longer but to be honest, it's all about calories in/out in the end. Just play with ratios until you find something that fits you and your lifestyle. :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You've lost 13 lbs in 2 months, I think it's a pretty good number! Especially since you "only" have 33lbs to lose.

I've found that a higher protein ratio helps me feeling full longer but to be honest, it's all about calories in/out in the end. Just play with ratios until you find something that fits you and your lifestyle. :)

sorry but have to desagree
    eat more protein, it helps to buid your mussles
    its ideall to have 30g of proteins 3 times a day (more then 30grams can`t be absorbed by body according to some studies)
    make sure you eat protein before workout (1,5h before) and after workout (1to2h)
  • mlh29
    mlh29 Posts: 40
    Options
    13 lbs is good, however prior to here I was on a lower calorie intake , low carb high protein, cardio 2 hrs a day for 6 months didnt lose anything. Have be a been on meds etc that caused weight gain and have a somewhat stressful job..

My diary is open. I am getting 200 plus grams of protein a day .. on a very limited choice of foods.been watching everything, measuring all foods..( try to stick with prepackaged as it is easiest).

I set my goals to a flat 2200 calories, usually shoot for 800-1220 calories during cardio 6x a week.. keeps me under my brm but above the 1000 deficit daily..