Time to get serious!

Options
Hi everyone,

Today is the day when I must start taking this seriously. It has just dawned on me that I have less than 14 weeks to lose approximately 1.5 - 2 stone (21 - 28lbs) for my first holiday in 3 years!!

I joined the site before and lost half a stone (7lbs) but got very complacent after a short period of time and a few lbs have crept back on. I know I can do it when I put my mind to it so this is it.

I look at others on this site and I see how amazing a lot of people have done so hopefully I can gain some motivation from you all this time round.

I'm from England (Kent) but feel free to add me from wherever you are, I think it would be interesting to hear all different stories along my journey.

On a final note, good luck to everyone, we all know this isn't easy xx

Replies

• sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Have fun on this journey, this is perfect timing BEFORE the holidaze so u won't gain any weight! If u r serious about finally doing this the best way to do it is be accountable, and honest with your tracking. I'm sending a friend request your way.
  • Jermisha
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Today is the day when I must start taking this seriously. It has just dawned on me that I have less than 14 weeks to lose approximately 1.5 - 2 stone (21 - 28lbs) for my first holiday in 3 years!!

I joined the site before and lost half a stone (7lbs) but got very complacent after a short period of time and a few lbs have crept back on. I know I can do it when I put my mind to it so this is it.

I look at others on this site and I see how amazing a lot of people have done so hopefully I can gain some motivation from you all this time round.

I'm from England (Kent) but feel free to add me from wherever you are, I think it would be interesting to hear all different stories along my journey.

On a final note, good luck to everyone, we all know this isn't easy xx

Welcome to mfp! I am a newbie like yourself and if you need motivation feel free and add me! I know you will reach your goals!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Log in every day, everything you eat and exercise! Don't beat yourself up over any mistakes. You will not lose every week, take measurements! I do mine monthly. Make sure you are eating enough! Eat back some or all your exercise calories. This is a lifestyle change not a diet! Motivation comes from within, you have to want this badly enough to do the work and you will find a great support system here! Welcome to the journey!!