So Im going to start lifting heavy???

Options
I decided that I am going to start lifting heavy and focusing more on weight training. I was reviewing a couple of sites to find some kind of program to get going on and I came across Jamie Easons live fit,a 12 week program where you lift heavy for the first 4 weeks without doing any cardio to retrain your muscles. The first 2 weeks, you lift for 3 days then 4 days of rest. The next 2 weeks, you add 1 more day then 3 days of rest. What does everyone think about this? I am used to doing cardio and it makes me nervous not doing any for a whole month!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Its a great program!
    Do It!!!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's aa decent program, not the absolutebest way for a beginner to start lifting, but you'll still make progress.

As far as not doing cardio is concerned, I haven't done any for about a year, just make sure your calories areunder control
  • KCarpenter83
    KCarpenter83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need cardio for fat loss if you are keeping under your calories...but i like cardio because of its health benefits too for the heart, vessels, lungs, cholesterol, etc...i would eventually get back to cardio but there's no harm in doing this 12 week program...i am sure it will be great.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's aa decent program, not the absolutebest way for a beginner to start lifting, but you'll still make progress.

As far as not doing cardio is concerned, I haven't done any for about a year, just make sure your calories areunder control
    So do you have any advice on the best programs for beginners?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    3x per week full body routines areoptimal for beginners, IMO. I believe Jamie's program uses bodypart splits.

^^^However, in the grand scheme of things, that's really nitpicking. It's FAR more important that you commit to the program 100% and WORK HARD.