The most surprising thing I found in my home....

Options
bbbbb33333
bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
Bats in the atti and, a skunk's nose and beady little eyes poking out under my air conditioner. Surely, you have something much more interesting..... post away

Replies

• Galletakek
    Options
    Bats in the atti and, a skunk's nose and beady little eyes poking out under my air conditioner. Surely, you have something much more interesting..... post away
    lol.. nope, I think you beat me on this one...
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think you beat it but for my home the most surprising was a huge mouldy birds nest under the bath when we were putting new taps on the bath, i've lived here over five years and the previous owner must have known there was a nest and just sealed the outside of the house but left it in - yuck!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    How does an armadillo in the garage rank?
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    So far, you win. Best I can offer is a chipmunk. I'd take that any day over the skunk.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Michigan, we had bats come in through our heater system all the time. my cat was very skilled at catching bats though =/

Once I found a Black Widow making a home between my headboard. (I am terrified of anything with 8 legs even arthropods) I cried for a few hours until my mom got home and killed it. But I know spiders in the home aren't that surprising.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    mines not so uncommon - a baby mouse was being tossed about by my cat until I realized it wasn't her toy and rescued it. Poor little thing was exhausted from being chased and caught for hours. And no, I did not kill it. I set it free.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    We breed rats for the local pet store, and them little buggers opened their lid, so my wife was heading down the basement stairs and I hear the scream, yup they are on the stairs coming up for a visit, she was not impressed.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I had a bat in my running shoe once. I put it on and it felt like the insole was smashed in the toe. So I took it off to fix it, and it started to squeek. I thought it was a mouse, so I dumped it out outside and a bat flopped out and opened it's wings up. I was so creeped out that I had an excellent time on my run, in a different pair of shoes!!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    A mummified lizard under the chest of drawers when we moved. Damn cats!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I used to live in a house that had flying squirrels in the attic. They were so cute, sometimes one would find it's way into our living room. They were really annoying at night though. I swear they were having races or something- you'd hear what sounded like multiple squirrels take off from one side of the room to the other over and over. :laugh:

*Oh yeah, same house a bat got in one night and started flying around my bedroom while I was laying down. Bats don't usually freak out but that certainly startled me.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    not too crazy, and not IN our house, but there are woods behind the back yard, and we have possums that come out sometimes, and a family of raccoons that come climb our acorn tree in the front..1 will come up and eat from our hands..she is so sweet and gentle
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yours still wins. Was sitting in the living room with the kiddies and a lizard fell from the ceiling and into the kids toy bins. I freaked. I saw it going down and it looked huge. Had to dig toys out one by one and shake them out. It, of course, had made its way to the very bottom of the bin. Aaaaaaand.... turns out it was just a tiny little skink. But whatever. :laugh:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmm, nope. I can't top that. Just have your standard everyday things in an apartment.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yours still wins. Was sitting in the living room with the kiddies and a lizard fell from the ceiling and into the kids toy bins. I freaked. I saw it going down and it looked huge. Had to dig toys out one by one and shake them out. It, of course, had made its way to the very bottom of the bin. Aaaaaaand.... turns out it was just a tiny little skink. But whatever. :laugh:
    One time I was staying the night with my best friend and I had a lizard crawl up my leg, well I wore contacts and she wore glasses, so I wasn't able to see it so I scream at her "WHAT IS IT?!?!" and she screamed back "ITS GREEN!! OH MY GOD ITS GREEN!!!" Her brother being all heroic saved us from the tiny lizard. Lol.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Ooooo I wanna play.

I have 5 kids, 2 cats and a dog.

I find all kinds of things.

I have had said skunk and a bat. I have also found a flying squirrel, garden snake and my cat tried to bring in a live bunny rabit once.

My son started a science project to see how much mold he could amass in an empty fish tank. Don't even know what was in there.

:laugh:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Nothing more than the occasional field mouse or stray bird in my current home. My condo I lived in previously had a fat squirrel in the attic. Mind you it's 5 units and the thing chose the area over my bedroom to friggin' nest! I'd wake up to some bizarre scratching sounds and my association never did anything about it. I'm sure there were more critters living up there and the thought of all that animal **** blowing through the vents had me grossed out. I hope the person I'm renting to doesn't experience that.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I've had a tarantula, a scorpion, and a black snake in my house.

But the most shocking thing I ever found was when my son was in the process of potty training, he had used his toy bench (the seat lifted up for toy storage) as a toilet. I lifted the lid to put some toys away and got a surprise. We've called him the "poop fairy" ever since.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well in my old house, I had a bird come in through the dryer vent while the dryer was running. All of a sudden I hear a clunk clunk clunk noise and then the dryer stopped. Ummm the bird didn't make it :sick: I had to have my brother come get it out of my dryer and I had to redo the clothes.

And I also had another bird come through there but the dryer wasn't going and he lived. I kept hearing something hitting on the wall and when I opened the door to the laundry closet a bird came flying at me.:noway: I had to have the neighbor come over get the bird out and take him outside. Call a repairman to fix the vent so I wouldn't have any more unwelcome visitors.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Had a big, nasty possum in my closet one time! :noway:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    At least I wasn't like my sister who was sitting in her living room and looked up in the corner of the room at the ceiling and saw a snake crawling along the wall where the molding meets the ceiling. :huh: