My Before & After - 61 lbs lost w/pics! Yay!!

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Well, since my thread rolled (which I can't believe, thanks Scott, lol) I'll repost my pics!

So, I'm finally at the point where I can do my Before & After post! Yay! I started out close to 200 lbs. Since I started MFP at the very end of February of this year I've lost 61 lbs. Yesterday (12/10) is the day I officially met my goal weight - well, exceeded it, actually, since my goal was 135 and I hit 134!

So, here are some Before pics:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And now for the good part, the After pics!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I need to get back to my alma mater for a new pair of sweats, lol

ry%3D400

it's a costume, I swear!

ry%3D400

Halloween!

ry%3D400

I am soo thrilled with how far I have come! So now, I'm on to maintenance here on MFP and my new goal is to continue toning, shaping, and sculpting my body.
  • change_back
    Options
    congratulations .....for awesome success....:)
  • slyskitz
    slyskitz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! :)
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome Wheel (back bend)! You look amazing. Congratulations!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I'm also going to repost my answers to people's questions here that I had consolidated in part 1 of this topic.

Ok, since I've been getting inundated with so many pm's/friend requests/posts asking for what I did, what my workouts are like, what my eating is like, etc. I've consolidated the answers that I posted previously on this thread. Hopefully, it provides some sort of help/inspiration for some of you guys! So, here it is, in all it's lengthy glory, lol:

First off, my stats: 5’ 5 1/2”, 28 years old

QUESTION: “Thats fantastic progress! You look amazing!! Can you tell us a little bit about how you acheived your goal? How many days a week you work out & what you do for workouts?

Great job =)"

Well I always danced (ballet, lyrical, jazz, tap, hip hop) twice a week, 2 1/2 hours each time during the 'school year', less in the summer, even when I was at my highest weight. So I continued that. But when I started mfp and really focusing on losing weight I also started going to the gym. I would go to the gym 2-3 days per week (during the 'school year' in addition to dancing 2 nights a week). If I didn't go to the gym then I would take long walks. Over the summer I went to the gym A LOT, since I wasn't dancing as often. When I go to the gym my workout consisted of a minimum of 60 minutes on 2 different types of ellipticals. I would frequently change the resistance and ramp to keep variety in the workout. I also always try to then do strength training as well. At the very least I always do crunches and push ups/reverse push ups. Probably about 1 1/2 months ago I started running (something I never thought I could do since my feet always went numb, plus I always hated it! lol) and I'm getting addicted, lol! I have now run for 60 minutes straight, not dropping below 6 mph, on 3 separate occasions!

Let's see, what else? For me a huge deal was portion size. My ex always ate HUGE portions so I got used to thinking that I was eating a normal amount because my portion was smaller than his. THIS WAS NOT TRUE! Lol. Also, making healthier food choices and cutting out lots of alcohol really helped. And I know this is a hotly debated topic but for me personally, I generally ate back at least 1/2 of my workout calories.

I'd say my gym workouts average anywhere from 800-1000 cals burned, and I think I burn somewhere around 600-700 for 2 1/2 hours of dance classes. I've actually never used a HRM so I don't know exactly how accurate my estimates are. I am living proof that you don't need a HRM to lose weight though!

QUESTION: “PLEASE tell me how long it took you and what your routine was like! I've been doing mfp for almost 2 months and I've come to a stand still at 192 and I can't break it. I just have to say that you've given me hope. Your before pics look like mine and the way you look now is unbelievably smaller and I never thought in a million years I could ever be that skinny until I saw your pics! I know its possible now, that I don't just have "bigger bones" then other people. If you have any advice, PLEASE send it my way! You look amazing and I know its hard work and Im willing to do it no matter how long it takes! You look amazing!”

It took from the very end of February to now.

Here's an example of a workout. This is what I did at the gym today:

- 60 min treadmill run, speed ranging from 6mph to 8mph (i actually got my fastest mile, fastest 10k, and longest distance, 7.05 mi in 60 min, ever today!) - 5 sets of 5 assisted pullups - 5 sets of 10 assisted dips - 4 sets of 15 reps on the hip abductor machine - 5 sets of 5 reps rear deltoid machine - 2 sets of 10 reps upward shoulder press machine - 5 sets of 10 reps(10 reps straight legs, 40 reps knees bent) on the thing like a chair with no seat, where you hold yourself up and lift your legs (dont know what it's called, lol) - 50 side crunches on each side -300 crunches on the floor, in various positions Cooldown/stretch - approx 5 min of stretching - ballet plies right and left sides

Obviously I've worked up to this! Lol The majority of my cardio during my weight loss was actually on the elliptical. I would use 2 different types of elliptical and constantly change the resistance and slope. I also did a lot of walking. Nowadays, if I go for a run outside and not at the gym I'll do crunches and pushups at home. I also take dance classes 2 nights a week for 2 1/2 hours each night.

I really think a big key is variety of workout. Also, at least every few workouts you should try to do at least one thing more/better/faster/longer. You always have to push yourself!

QUESTION: "Did you hit plateaus along the way? How were you able to overcome them?"

I definitely hit a couple plateaus. One for over a month sometime in the summer. I just kept plugging away and also tried changing up my eating, doing a little zig zagging with higher and lower cal days. Also, right up to the last 2 weeks I'd been kinda stuck with the last few lbs. Second to last week I lost .6 lbs, then last week I actually UPPED my cals by adjusting my goal from 2 lbs a week down to 1 lb and dropped 2.4 lbs to bring me under my goal!

UPDATE: since Dec 10th I am now down another few pounds. I am currently set at maintenance cals but with a sedentary lifestyle, so I think it's underestimating my bmr, and I started a weight lifting routine around Dec 20th. In the last week I went up about a pound but I lost a quarter inch off my waist, which is what happens when you lift. Gotta love muscle!
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    u luk gr8. ur in love wid this cat rnt u
  • dmarie1107
    dmarie1107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, Very inspiring, YOu look awesome!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Wow nice transformation.
  • chedainc
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!! congratulations!!!:smokin:
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Wow nice transformation.

Oh Scott, you're just too kind. :grumble:
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!!! :)
  • koko65
    koko65 Posts: 33
    Options
    Wow you look so fabulous! Great before and after pictures too!
  • DreamChaser22
    DreamChaser22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is such and inspiration!!! How did you do it? I can't wait for this story to be my story as well!! Great Job!
  • TracyMichelle24
    Options
    You look amazing!! I know you must be proud of all you have accomplished. :smile:
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    ry%3D400
    Super Cute! Great getting to know you thus far...keep up the good work
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    ry%3D400
    Super Cute! Great getting to know you thus far...keep up the good work

lol, thanks, that's my ghetto costume!
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    love it! thanks for sharing!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Nice weightloss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!