Pilates

Options
Hi everyone I just joined.
I don't understand why pilates isn't found when searching for the exercise type I did. Is it under another name? I've been doing about an hour of pilates 5 days a week...
Thanks for any input!

Replies

• vintageprop
    vintageprop Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I just joined.
    I don't understand why pilates isn't found when searching for the exercise type I did. Is it under another name? I've been doing about an hour of pilates 5 days a week...
    Thanks for any input!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It was there when i searched it...maybe you misspelled it?
  • vintageprop
    vintageprop Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hmm that's odd.. I've been spelling it correctly but it still won't come up.
  • bbybug
    Options
    I've never found it either. Maybe they could just show the list of exercises rather than having to type in searches?
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

If the exercises you do aren't listed, consider buying a chest-strap heart rate monitor. These provide the most accurate count anyway, because it is considering your body and measurements, along with your heart rate. Honestly, Pilates IS a good way to strengthen your core, but it does not burn that many calories. It alone does not get your heart rate into your target heart rate zone for fat burning, so it would be best to supplement it with some other forms of exercise. This will keep you from getting bored too.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can also go to Calories Per Hour . com and put in your info and it has Pilates. Then, create a new exercise and put in the info you get from there. :heart:

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

You can cut/copy the link above.