Belly dancing

Options
Hi;
Does anyone know of any good belly dancing DVDs? I've tried looking for classes in my area but there are none. I'm looking more for a fun and different workout than looking good doing it- for now at least- so maybe something based more on actual dancing and full routines than perfecting techniques and individual moves.
Many thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi;
    Does anyone know of any good belly dancing DVDs? I've tried looking for classes in my area but there are none. I'm looking more for a fun and different workout than looking good doing it- for now at least- so maybe something based more on actual dancing and full routines than perfecting techniques and individual moves.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi;
    You know that's something I always wanted to learn sounds fun good luck
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have no clue. My sister bought a dvd and it's beyond cheesy!!! I take a belly dancing class at my gym and it's awesome!! It's sort of an aerobic belly(cardio) dance mixed with traditional belly dance. It's tons of fun! I was taking 4 classes a week but my instuctor cut 2 or her classes. I'm so bummed! She made me a few cd's with belly dancing music and I dance at home when I don't get to go to the gym. Have you tried looking up instructional videos like on Youtube?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    OHOH! There is a set of twins that has some DVD's that make you feel muscles you didn't know you had! My mother had one that I stole from her....
    Let me go google.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    These guys!

http://www.bellytwins.com/

OHHHHH! They have tons of new ones!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Check out the Bellydance Superstars DVDS - Rachel Brice has great Tribal ones that include Yoga and Jillina has some great introductory ones of different levels.

(By the way the BDSS are on tour now too and you HAVE to check it out if they are in your town! They are incredible! You will DEFINITELY want to take lessons after seeing them! www.bellydancesuperstars.com ... I know they are going to be in Cypress, DFW, Atlanta, Durham, Chicago, Milwaukee, Des Moines, Madison, Jacksonville, Birmingham, Nashville (I'm going!), High Point, DC, and i cannot remember where else but there are more!)