5.2-5.3 ft girls on tying to lose 15-20 lbs, success stories

Options

Replies

• MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started here at 136. currently at 132 and hoping to get to 125 by Febuary 16th when I'm having cosmetic surgery done and then lose another 5lbs by spring. :)
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started here at 136. currently at 132 and hoping to get to 125 by Febuary 16th when I'm having cosmetic surgery done and then lose another 5lbs by spring. :)

What are you getting done?
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    I started on MFP about 2 1/2 months ago at 150 lbs 5'2". I currently weigh 140 lbs for a loss of about 1 lb a week. I have found it surprisingly easy. I keep myself on 1350 calories a day + more when I work out. I don't tend to eat back all of my calories but have some days that I go over my calories by 100-200 cals so I think it evens out. My goal was originally 140 lbs but after hitting that goal, I decided to push for more. Being so short is tough since most charts say I should be 105-115 lbs. I'm not sure I will ever get that low but I can honestly say that I am happier with my weight now then I have ever been. MFP ROCKS!!!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    5'2- started at 126-127, now 123 and more lean (due to muscle). I also got some success this morning when I got back into, and zipped up my "sexy" (size 0) jeans! yay. Still have work to do to make them fit more comfortable in the waist;)
  • JizWiz
    JizWiz Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks for this b/c I'm 5'2 and 150lbs and I just want to lose about 10-15lbs and its been hard. I must say I haven't been working out but I do watch my calories. Gotta get up off my tush! LOL!:laugh:
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    5'3, started my journey before I joined here at 220lbs, then joined at 185lbs. Currently 170lbs, with about 30lbs to go.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I'm just under 5.2 and have lost 16lbs to date (am 139lbs now and hope to lose another 9 or so - will see when I feel I'm done!). It's been up and down but lots of exercise and eating back exercise calories (at goal cals of 1200 - I wok with weekly rather than daily calories which is working well for me). I log walking as well which gives me some more calories as I don't want to go under an average of 1200 per day. Taking part in challenges on here has been fun too :)
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Oh yes and planning meals - also when eating out if possible choosing beforehand what I'll eat and sticking to it - really helps. I sometimes plan a few days ahead when I have the time in case I get busy :) Then I can also shop and cook ahead and make sure I have what I need - just getting into the cooking in advance thing now as I go to exercise classes 3 times per week on top of working full time so it makes sense.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3.5 and lost 26lb , it took me from May - November, the first 10lb were fairly easy and I stuck to about 1250 Net calories for the first 3/4 months.

As I nearer towards my goal I increased my calories to 1300/1400 net in order to lose 0.5lb a week.

When I had about 2lb to lose I switched to about 1500/1600 and lost 4lb in the last month- so eating more really help.

I exercised 4-5 times a week and 99% of the time I ate back ALL my exercise calories- don't let anyone tell you you otherwise!:happy:

I have now started maintaining just in time for Xmas and am a couple of lbs below my goal weight of 120.
  • Galletakek
    Options
    5'3 135 Lift heavy!!! dont let anyone tell you its wrong.. :D you wont look like a man...i promise .... This is how i got to where i am now! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html?mcid=TC-jelivefit&rmid=jamie_eason_livefit_week1&rrid=6884380
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd share my story because I just hit the 20lb mark today :)

I'm 5"2 and I started losing weight in early September. I was about 115 pounds to begin with and initially only wanted to drop 15 pounds, but now I've lost a total of 20.

I'd say the first 8-9lb are the hardest to lose, after that you go on some kind of a slope and it's almost hard to stop! (Which is why you have to do it the right way from the start).

I began by only exercising and not focusing much on my diet before I started dieting properly in September. This obviously didn't work. I then tried extreme dieting - eating only 800 calories and running 3-6km a day (sorry I don't know how many miles that is). This was really bad and although it got me out of my old habits like eating chocolate daily, it slowed my body down so much and by the end, I could barely move my legs when I did exercise. I was sick for almost 2 months straight and my period stopped.

It's often hard for us short girls to lose weight but it's important not to think that our short height means we should cut calories so much. I read on a few forum pages that other girls my height would only eat 800-1,100 cal per day and justified this because of our short stature. If only I knew how wrong this was! I ended up losing the weight I wanted by mid-November, but then when I upped my calories to 1,200 (thinking that this would be maintenance) I surprisingly kept losing 0.5lb every 2 weeks, and that's how I lost the last 5lb - much, much slower but much safer.

If I can tell you anything, it's to not be tempted to dip below 1,200 calories a day. If anything - exercise to get a bigger defect. (But gradually)

Here's a before and after, from last summer to this summer:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/10oim2a.png

Most importantly, your goal is very much achievable. Just find a balance between working hard and taking it slow so you're safe! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I'd love to give you support and help you lose the last 20lb in a healthy way.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3.5 and lost 26lb , it took me from May - November, the first 10lb were fairly easy and I stuck to about 1250 Net calories for the first 3/4 months.

As I nearer towards my goal I increased my calories to 1300/1400 net in order to lose 0.5lb a week.

When I had about 2lb to lose I switched to about 1500/1600 and lost 4lb in the last month- so eating more really help.

I exercised 4-5 times a week and 99% of the time I ate back ALL my exercise calories- don't let anyone tell you you otherwise!:happy:

wow good for you! i am losing very very slowly..... not sure why?

I have now started maintaining just in time for Xmas and am a couple of lbs below my goal weight of 120.
  • lin7604
    Options

I'm 5"2 and I started losing weight in early September. I was about 115 pounds to begin with and initially only wanted to drop 15 pounds, but now I've lost a total of 20.

I'd say the first 8-9lb are the hardest to lose, after that you go on some kind of a slope and it's almost hard to stop! (Which is why you have to do it the right way from the start).

I began by only exercising and not focusing much on my diet before I started dieting properly in September. This obviously didn't work. I then tried extreme dieting - eating only 800 calories and running 3-6km a day (sorry I don't know how many miles that is). This was really bad and although it got me out of my old habits like eating chocolate daily, it slowed my body down so much and by the end, I could barely move my legs when I did exercise. I was sick for almost 2 months straight and my period stopped.

It's often hard for us short girls to lose weight but it's important not to think that our short height means we should cut calories so much. I read on a few forum pages that other girls my height would only eat 800-1,100 cal per day and justified this because of our short stature. If only I knew how wrong this was! I ended up losing the weight I wanted by mid-November, but then when I upped my calories to 1,200 (thinking that this would be maintenance) I surprisingly kept losing 0.5lb every 2 weeks, and that's how I lost the last 5lb - much, much slower but much safer.

If I can tell you anything, it's to not be tempted to dip below 1,200 calories a day. If anything - exercise to get a bigger defect. (But gradually)

Most importantly, your goal is very much achievable. Just find a balance between working hard and taking it slow so you're safe! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I'd love to give you support and help you lose the last 20lb in a healthy way.

if i'd look like you before, i'd be happy :)
  • lin7604
    Options

if i'd look like you before, i'd be happy :)
  • lin7604
    Options
    sorry for the triple post, not sure why it happened and not sure how to remove them?
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options

Hey! I know we're friends on here but I just wanted to say one thing, at 5ft 2 the reason you are still losing on 1200 cals is because there is no way that is Maintenance it's not even your BMR.

At 5ft 2 your maintenance calories are about 1500-1550, maybe at your weight a bit lower but they can't be 1200. Just letting you know so you can eat more! xx
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I've upped my calories. I've lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks (that's when I started weighing myself), though I changed my lifestyle - started running, cooking only at home, drinking less - a little over two months ago. I estimate I've lost 10-12 pounds during that time.

Now, I'm 5'4", 130 pounds, and had to up my calories to lose the last 4. I eat 1400-1700 calories a day. I've tried to go back to 1200, but my body and mind just won't accept it anymore. I think upping calories could really be the answer for those of you who are super close to goal!
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 2 and 21. This time last year I was 96lbs but it suited me as I am very petite. When I started MFP I was 116lbs, over the last year I've put on a lot of weight due to just eating too much I guess. I used to be size 6 but now am a size 8 and hardly any of my clothes fit me the way they used to. I'm looking to get back to about 98lbs, when I was completely happy with myself and confident. Feel free to add me as I'm relatively new to this. :) Glad to hear there are people just like me on here :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!