I need lifting buddies!

Options
Okay, so my friend Kandie sent me a link to a strength conditioning website/blog. After reading one of the super successful stories, I really want to get into being stronger.

Right now I am lifting three times a week, trying to get to 100 consecutive pushups, and cardio training two days a week with two days of rest, and so far i've lost twelve pounds and hit my weight loss goal.

I didn't know what I wanted to do next, but I think I know now.

I want to put the weight back on... in muscle.

It would be great if there are some guru's out there that would be willing to help encourage me and share workout training ideas with me. :-) I would love to hear suggestions and advice.

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    stronglifts 5x5. google it, its a killer program and there's a free e-book that explains everything :)

also, i've heard a lot of good things about the new rules of lifting for women, but i've not personally looked into it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my friend Kandie sent me a link to a strength conditioning website/blog. After reading one of the super successful stories, I really want to get into being stronger.

Right now I am lifting three times a week, trying to get to 100 consecutive pushups, and cardio training two days a week with two days of rest, and so far i've lost twelve pounds and hit my weight loss goal.

It would be great if there are some guru's out there that would be willing to help encourage me and share workout training ideas with me. :-) I would love to hear suggestions and advice.

was in nerdfitness? did you read about staci? because staci is awesome.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options

Lift for 8-12 reps per set with as much weight as you can handle. Make sure to rest each body part worked at least 48 hours for substantial recovery. Consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Hit compound exercises hard to raise anabolism. Those are the basics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options

was in nerdfitness? did you read about staci? because staci is awesome.

It definitely was the nerdfitness article about Staci. Lol. She was so inspiring! I need abs like her's!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the pushups workouts conflict with your lifting workouts?
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options

...I don't really know for sure, but right now I'm at a max of 15 pushups. I just finished week two of it.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Not if you're doing weighted pushups