Bruising after a workout

Options
Okay so I have been workout and lifting weights for 3 weeks. This last week I noticed that my legs are covered in bruises, mostly the front and backs of my thighs and the back of my calves. does this happen to anyone else? Or do you know of a way to prevent this?

Thanks!

Replies

• rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I was first losing weight that I would consistantly have odd bruising everywhere. Not sure why though. I am hoping it's normal. lol
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    Okay at least I am not the only one :)
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My ex has crazy bad bruises from lifting out too! I get them on occasion. I wish someone could explain this lol....
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    possibly check your vitamin K if you changed your diet - could also be a genetic thing, much more common in women because estrogen predisposes vessel formation

but as long as your vitamin K is good - and this sounds like its pretty acute, you should be alright - seeing a doctor is always the best call
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Oh, I kept finding bruises on my legs and arms, not bad, but a few in odd places and I figured I must have bumped myself with the weights and didn't remember (I bruise easily anyway). So, now that I read this, maybe it was just from lifting, in general. Hmmm???
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I am going to go back to taking a vitamin again tomorrow, since my doctor said I could again and I will see if they go away and let you all know :)
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't lift weights, I just walk daily and diet. So mine isn't from lifting. But maybe the diet change? Let us know if the vitamin works for you, maybe I should try!
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I called my doctor today. She is a natural doctor, she said it is from my muscle breaking down and rebuilding itself. I guess we are all working hard enough that when they break down we are breaking blood vessels. She said depending on the person extra potassium and iron will help but instead of taking a pill I may want to eat more foods rich in those nutrients. like spinach salad with lots of tomatoes since tomatoes have a ton of potassium. :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    That is interesting.. I've been lifting weights for almost a year now and never noticed any bruising.. unless I happen to bang into one the machines navigating the weight room!