End 2011 and Start 2012 in a way that represents you

Options
Hi All

I've decided I'm going to end this year and start next year in a way that is ME - I'm a runner, though not the best, the fastest but most certainly the cutest ;-) and I'm going to run:
5K on Dec 31st
and
5K on Jan 1st

I never run two days in a row but this is my plan for a end and a new beginning.

Who would like to join me? What will you do Dec 31st and Jan 1st that represents who you are and what you do?

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I really love this idea! I think I will do a kick-*kitten* workout DVD, maybe 2 of them if I possibly can, I think most likely Jillian Michaels and Billy Blanks :smile:
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    great! if that's what represents you I say already plan on it and make that commitment to yourself!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    bump :)
  • ElleEmmeKay
    Options
    LOVE this!! Most definitely doing this too :) I am also a runner, so I think I will also be doing 5Ks
  • petitfilou
    Options
    You know what, Lowfatpie, I think I might join you! As I am not drinking over the festive period, I might as well do something useful with my sobriety. However, as I had a nasty calf muscle injury at the end of Nov that is still a bit stiff and tight, I might not actually "run" - I might do, say, 5km on a cross trainer, or a bike, or even fast-walk it. Does that still count? Please say yes ...
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    HOPING THE YMCA HAS TO WATER AEROBIC CLASSES! Great Idea!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    You know what, Lowfatpie, I think I might join you! As I am not drinking over the festive period, I might as well do something useful with my sobriety. However, as I had a nasty calf muscle injury at the end of Nov that is still a bit stiff and tight, I might not actually "run" - I might do, say, 5km on a cross trainer, or a bike, or even fast-walk it. Does that still count? Please say yes ...

yes that counts! everything counts!
    and you don't even have to do 5K - just that you do something to end and start the year in a way that represents you (and if you can't run, that you are doing something healthy and good for your body :) )
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    LOVE this!! Most definitely doing this too :) I am also a runner, so I think I will also be doing 5Ks

cool, we'll be doing virtual 5K's then! whoo!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    HOPING THE YMCA HAS TO WATER AEROBIC CLASSES! Great Idea!

would be great! let us know!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    who else is going to join us? surely with a billion members here there are more that want to join in!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    I'm still planning on 5K Dec 31st and Jan 1st, you guys too? (not necessarily running but you know what I mean?)
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    I even kill my own threads :)
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    I'm about to do my 5KM. What are others doing?
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Doing a gym workout this morning with cycling 15 miles plus Cybex for 60 minutes and running 8 miles tomorrow, 01/01/2012. Moved 1200 miles in 2011 (walking, running, cycling) and goal of 1500 for 2012! Let's move it!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    WOW Melissa!! WELL DONE!!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 4-5 mile run today, and a 2 hour yoga class tomorrow!
  • mauriewest
    mauriewest Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my P90x2 workout today, then doing it tomorrow, too. No better way for "me" to ring in the new year. Good luck to all.
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    I'm doing a 4-5 mile run today, and a 2 hour yoga class tomorrow!

awesome! let us know how it goes!!
  • runlaugheatpie
    Options
    I'm doing my P90x2 workout today, then doing it tomorrow, too. No better way for "me" to ring in the new year. Good luck to all.

whooo!! keep us posted on how it goes!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm staying simple and just doing a 300+ calorie cardio workout on NYE and NYD! I've already clocked my time in for NYE, and now I'll have encouragement to watch my intake tonight at the party I'm going to and to limit my alcohol intake! Gotta be able to clock in the same workout tomorrow, ya know? :)