Exercise DVDs - can I have some what next recommendations pl

Options
Hi,

I have lots of Jillian Michaels, I don't like 30 day shred (imo too short, not a decent warm-up and hurt my knees!) but like all the others I have - No more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism, 6 week 6 pack. I think that's enough though :blushing:

I recently got billy blanks tae-bo box set which I like, but do find very same-y so again no more I think

I have 2 'The Firm' Dvds - max calorie bootcamp and 500 cal workout. I like them both, but they are *very* similar in my opinion which has put me off getting any others.

I like Davina's 'power of 3' but had 2 other DVDs in her box set, both of which were definitely too easy so not sure about another

I have the UK Biggest Loser DVD which I think is excellent but there won't be another for a while with Angie having killed herself :noway:

I love to get a really good burn, I do like the mix of fat-burning and strength. Would love some suggestions :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Since you already like the Biggest Loser-type DVDs have you looked into Bob Harper's Inside Out Method series? It's three DVDs (I think there's 4 if you buy it from his site) but they are intense. There's one for yoga, one for cardio and one for strength. I've done most of the Jillian workouts and lots of yoga and other cardio and I still can't finish the cardio DVD and the yoga one - wow, I didn't think I could sweat so much during yoga. The three DVDs are called: Yoga for the Warrior, Body Rev - Cardio Conditioning and Pure Burn - Super Strength.

I just started doing TurboFire - so you might like something like that. Check on eBay because it's sort of pricey to buy brand new but there are lots of movements, great music and, while it can take some time to get the moves down, it's a lot of fun.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    One of the DVD's I'm doing is Tracy Anderson's MAT Workout. It's different. People either love her or hate her. This one is one of her best (highly rated). She also has a Dance Cardio workout DVD that is to be done in conjunction with the MAT workout. Together they are about an hour and a half, but even critics say you get a smaller bum.

....Oh crap! I misread your post. I thought you said you'd like to get a really good bum/butt. Ha ha ha....either way, it's a good overall workout.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have lots of Jillian Michaels, I don't like 30 day shred (imo too short, not a decent warm-up and hurt my knees!) but like all the others I have - No more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism, 6 week 6 pack. I think that's enough though :blushing:

OOPS, I thought you said you didn't like the 30 day shred because your too short! I was going to ask how that came into not liking it? hahahaha. I need my eyes checked. I just ordered that on line - most people have raved about it. I hope I like it. If not it will just be another dust collector on the shelf.
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    I know this may sound cheesy, but the five step fat attack with claire from steps is really good - I have such a good workout with that. There is a long warm up, a cardio section, a combat section, a toning section and then a really good cool down section. Its only cheap and for something different, why not? :)
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I bet you would love INSANITY.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Check out http://www.collagevideo.com
    They have member reviews as well as video previews of the exercise dvds which they have already narrowed down to the "good stuff." I was on there today because it is time to update my collection as it is small because I had so many on VHS.

There are a few Crunch vids on Netflix that feature Ellen Barrett and I really like her style so I might pick a new one by her.
  • noblesseoblige
    Options
    turbo jam. hands down, I like the fat blaster I think its called? Its really fun, you don't feel like your working out because of how fun it is, but you definitely get out of breath and work up a sweat with it. And its got a great calorie burn. Although this is pretty much just cardio, with some toning.

Otherwise try insanity if your knees can handle it. its amazing as well. Strength and cardio in one. Major calorie burn.

Or if you want something else thats intense, try bodyrock.tv tht chick is crazy, she also has a youtube channel for her workouts, but they're mostly just a preview for her workouts posted on the site.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    that collage video thing is great I looked at it before, but its US-based and we don't have a lot of the same ones, last time I spent ages looking, picked something I liked the look of and couldn't get it here!! :explode:

I have heard of turbojam and turbokick - is there a difference??

I will start looking into some of the other suggestions, thanks a lot for the super-quick responses :flowerforyou:
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    If you like to walk Leslie Sansone has some great walking DVD's. I have some and I love them!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I have Calorie Killer by the Australian Biggest Loser trainers - that's pretty good, as is the cardio burn they do. Or you could buy the US ones from Amazon? I've got those JM DVDs and I'm getting Killer Buns and Thighs and Ripped in 30 (or whatever it is) for Christmas :-)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    www.cathe.com

Cathe has all kinds of different workouts and various series that target different things. They are a bit pricey compared to the ones you already have, but well worth the extra money because she is the best of the best when it comes to exercise videos.
  • shoppie
    Options
    Holy moly insanity is £105!! Neither turbojam or turbo kick are on Amazon :huh:
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    If you have a subscription to Netflix,there are some great ones in the 10 minute workouts and Crunch series. I've done the dancing one with Jennifer Galardi and the 10 minute kickboxing one is super terrific and super fun...
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I recently bought these 5 from Amazon.

Bob Harper: Pure Burn Super Strength

Bob Harper: Kettlebell Sculpted Body

Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior

Bob Harper: Ultimate Cardio Body

Bob Harper: Beginner's - Got this for my daughters, they hated doing P90X so I thought this would be easier.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    that collage video thing is great I looked at it before, but its US-based and we don't have a lot of the same ones, last time I spent ages looking, picked something I liked the look of and couldn't get it here!! :explode:

I have heard of turbojam and turbokick - is there a difference??

I will start looking into some of the other suggestions, thanks a lot for the super-quick responses :flowerforyou:

Oh sorry! Didn't notice you weren't in the US. If it is any consolation, I was wishing I were in the UK when it came to ordering a full Harry Potter set - MUCH better price and extras.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam and have gotten great results with the workout. It is also very fun, so it's not a chore to work out.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    try Cathe Fredrich any thing of hers is good and she has varity. Go to CatheFredrich.com and go to "all dvd" the great thing about this site is you can click on the workout to preview it. They are pricy but im telling you well worth every penny, on one dvd, there are maybe two or three workouts, and on that same dvd she has "Premixes" maybe five premixes, that makes it seems like another whole dvd in itself. I love her, just dicovered her 6 months ago now i have a lot of hers. She has kick boxing, Step, cardio cicuits weight circuits, she has low impact high impact serobics step aerobics, exercise balls workout. Boot camp workouts. And she has great music in it. Go to the site and look at it. to start off on hers i recommend the circuit max and low max. circuit max is weights and cardio and the low max is step aerobics. She has new series called Low impact series and it is tough hard.. you would not imagine it is that hard but it is, one is afterburn the other is athletic traiing then she has all weight reutine on it. She also has this other one called slide and glide.. CHECK it out!!!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's not a dvd, but I LOVE Pop Pilates: http://blogilates.com/total-body-sculpt

There are tonnes of pilates tutorial videos. I like to do the total body sculpt, and then you use other videos to work on other areas too :)
    She also does Pop Cardio and Pop HIIT http://blogilates.com/pop-cardio
    Great fun, though not massively hardcore!
  • shoppie
    Options

Oh sorry! Didn't notice you weren't in the US. If it is any consolation, I was wishing I were in the UK when it came to ordering a full Harry Potter set - MUCH better price and extras.

Its true, we have Harry Potter. Maybe he should bring out an exercise DVD, running from Voldemort or something...:laugh:
  • alexis92
    Options
    I love Jazzercise! Many of the DVDs have cardio and stength routines as well as combinations of both that you can do in one session. I plan on getting the new Burlesque and Ballet Body ones this month!