Men : dating older women?

Options
paxetamore
paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
Since we had some fun on the reverse side of this question, and many inquiring minds would like to know...

So men, do you date older women? If so, why? And what is your age limit? Do tell!

Replies

• paxetamore
    Options
    Men??? You're not gonna let the ladies have all the fun, are ya?
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been married for a while, but My brothers (ex) wife was 15 years older than him.. and the age difference had nothing to do with why they seperated...

I would say if you are attracted to each other, why not.. I know some women older than me that are 'hot'.....

I also have a female friend ( we have been friends since 8th grade) who is 43 and allways dates younger guys.... sometimes I wonder why? It would be interesting to hear from women or men in this situation.. (I know they are out there)

My wife is 5 years older than me, does that count? LOL
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My mom's husband is 10 years younger than her. They got together when she was 38 and he was 28. It seems to work for them. They get along well and they're happy.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 20 years younger and we get along very well. Complicated story of how we met, became friends and eventually started dating. He s very loving and treats me like a queen. We have developed our own "language" and have a great time together whatever we do. I have come to learn that relative maturity has little to do with numerical age. He is still 22 and at times we have a good laugh at the age difference.
  • ChrisStoney
    Options
    My boyfriend is 20 years younger and we get along very well. Complicated story of how we met, became friends and eventually started dating. He s very loving and treats me like a queen. We have developed our own "language" and have a great time together whatever we do. I have come to learn that relative maturity has little to do with numerical age. He is still 22 and at times we have a good laugh at the age difference.

Cougar! , LOL I am about your age and it would be an extremely rare female that I would even want to talk to who at 22.... just not much in common... But I can definately see it, if the person has specil qualities you like. What do his parents think?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have dated many older women in my life, but my wife is 8 years younger than me.
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is only open to the guys, but I prefer to date older women. Doesn't seem like a big deal now I'm in my late thirties, and my girlfriend is in her forties.

I just always found women my own age to be very immature and we rarely had things in common, but I have been told I am old beyond my years so maybe it's all just me :0)
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

Cougar! , LOL I am about your age and it would be an extremely rare female that I would even want to talk to who at 22.... just not much in common... But I can definately see it, if the person has specil qualities you like. What do his parents think?

Lol! It was a rare circumstance when we met, became friends with no intentions of dating. In fact, part of that was that both of us were not looking for anything serious at the time. His parents like me. Before we were dating even they had noticed a connection and pointed it out to him. I am gathering they would prefer He had chosen a younger person. But his comments to me were that most girls his age don't like him. Or "they don't usually get along". True. I can see how some people just don't get his sense of humor. But he really cracks me up!
  • ChrisStoney
    Options
    That is great! figured more people would have responded to this,,, I know just from personal friends that alot of guys date/ or are married to older women,
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

I feel the same way. But I'm at a point in my life where even a few years can make a big difference on where I'm at in life. I think it would be weird to be with someone who even wasn't in college anymore just because we'd be living such different lifestyles.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i will date any sugar mamas. :tongue:
  • ChrisStoney
    Options

I thought you stuck to your aerobics instructors, LOL- you must be branching out....
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I would date up to the age of 40. There's just a wealth of knowledge that I find attractive.

That said though, I've never dated outside of a 3-year gap and I don't intend on dating anytime soon - been with my gf for 6 years and am ecstatic not to be caught up in single-ness limbo lol
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I thought you stuck to your aerobics instructors, LOL- you must be branching out....

yes, i m turning a new leaf. the fitness instructors are all married. :brokenheart:
  • paxetamore
    Options
    Not sure if this is only open to the guys, but I prefer to date older women. Doesn't seem like a big deal now I'm in my late thirties, and my girlfriend is in her forties.

I just always found women my own age to be very immature and we rarely had things in common, but I have been told I am old beyond my years so maybe it's all just me :0)

Indeed, for the guys to post! The ladies had a fun time with the younger men topic, so figured it was time for a new thread.

Curious, if your an old soul, is she more youthful for balance?
  • paxetamore
    Options

*wave* hi!

LOL
  • Clinno
    Clinno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Many older women are very attractive and much more seductive than any younger woman, they look straight through you with wise, uninnocent and guiltless eyes. I was knocked off my feet by an older woman when I was 24 but it was never going to be anything more than a lusty fling, and for that it was great!