Is it really all about calories in/calories out?

Options
2»

Replies

• juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i am a strong believer in calories in calories out. you can loose weight by eating junk, it was prooven with the "twiny diet". I wouldn't recommend eating this diet, however, because it doesn't make you feel spectacular. i am sure you will find a few times a week to take walks, jog's or swim just to get the body feeling good. your adventure does sound fun.
  • anewrac
    anewrac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your helpful comments. I'm going to give mfp a good try and not think about the others ;)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No, it is NOT!
    Your body is hungry for nutrition, and when we feed ourselves food rich in nutrition, our muscles, organs and the rest are flooded with all they need for healthy functions. This helps us lose weight.

Those eating trash and counting that as "calories" end up sabotaging their own progress.
    Eat whole grains, fruits and veggies with lean meats. It's a no brainer.

Losing weight is actually very simple but so darn hard!

And I can be the worst offender...lol
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your helpful comments. I'm going to give mfp a good try and not think about the others ;)

Way to go..
    I am also doing The Biggest Loser and they are all basically the same..
    Calories in must be lower than calories out if you want to lose weight..
    Portion control is another key factor. My wife and I are using the points system from weight watchers combined with the calorie count from Biggest Loser..

There are plenty of exercises that you can do on your travels.
    If you have access to the internet, just look up outdoor exercises or home exercises..
    I have made my own home made gym following a series from Biggest Loser on TV by using bricks, rocks and water containers..

Good luck on your trip..

Andy