Running Gloves

2»

Replies

• I have a couple different pairs. First are some wool gloves that i got from a running show store and then also microfleece. I like the microfleece for thinness but my hands really build up sweat in them. my wool ones just get really heavy during my long runs but my hands do not feel like they are swimming at the end of run--and you can ring them out.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 634 Member
    I brought a nice pair of Nike ones from Marshalls, I used them this morning. They kept my hands warm that I had to actually take them off about 20 minutes into my run.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Mizuno Breath Thermo is the best line out there for cold weather gear. Their gloves are awesome!

With that said for races, I pick up $1 throwaway gloves at expos so I can ditch 'em when I no longer need them! When I train, I can just hold onto them or drop them off at my car!
  • Calvinator24
    Calvinator24 Posts: 73 Member
    I typically wear just the cheap acrylic knit gloves. 2 pair if it's really cold.

However, they are a bad choice if it is raining. I wore them on my marathon when it was 40 degrees and rainy. My gloves got soaked, and my hands froze. I was more than a little worried that I was going to have a real problem.