Can't get out of my slump

Options
I'm not sure this is the place for this post, but here goes. I have been sinking into this depression over the past week. I am just feeling unmotivated and stressed to the max. I am trying to improve my health and lose this much needed weight but I am not seeing any results. I am very obese but you wouldnt know it if you looked at my food diary. I just dont eat much and I have been told this is one of my problems getting fewer then 1200 cal a day. I have struggled with bulimia since I was 14 and eating to much food brings on these urges to go back to those bad days and purge. I really dont know what to do any longer just missing the support of my mfp friends and tired of the stress and fear of food.

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Yikes, maybe too much dark weather, I live where the sun comes out maybe once a week in the winter. Winter is tough too, we get cold and our body says "more calories please". Life is tough, everyone is grouchy due to the holidays (what happened to Ho, Ho, Ho) and it wears you down. I would try to net the 1200 a day, use more calorie dense foods if you need to so you can eat small amounts and not set the whole "I'm eating, EEK" mindset loose. So high protein, low carb stuff, nuts, cheese in small amounts, stuff like that. Break your food into tiny meals and eat more often. Are you getting some exercise? Just a walk around the block is good. That was the hardest part for me, I have a very active job, but my body is used to that so I had to add workouts to get any success. My success is super slow but I can see it. So hang in there, it will get better and keep letting us be there for you. I have a daughter who had the whole bulimia thing for awhile, she has it under control most of the time but I really feel for you.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hang on, Casey. Remember, together, we got this!

It's a difficult time of year. you aren't alone in struggling. Just because we're climbing different hills, doesn't mean we aren't all climbing one sort or another. Don't give up, and reach out - like you've done here.

"You lean on me, and I'll lean right back on you, and that way neither one of us has to sleep with our head in the mud" - "Bubba" Blue from the movie Forrest Gump

^^ One of my most favorite movie quotes, EVER...

We got this, girl!
  • jinxypinxy
    jinxypinxy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that's really tough, but I completely sympathize. As hard as it is to think about it now, things will get better and easier. The short, dark, cold days make this a really tough time of year, as does the huge focus on food (I find).

I'll be sending good wishes your way!