Advice needed.

Options
cschu544
cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
My boyfriend comes home December 20th, I haven't seen him in half a year because he's in the military. His younger brother wants to come with me to pick him up from the airport, but I really wanted to go alone .. Is that rude? What would you do? Be selfish, or let him come with.. I'm so conflicted.

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Let him come with. They can have a little reunion too. Maybe go out to eat somewhere as I bet your boyfriend will be hungry. Then drop little brother off and go havesome alone time.

You didn't say how long you and your boyfriend have been together or how close he is to his brother. I'm assuming they are a pretty close family.

My husband was deployed to Iraq for 14 months in 03/04, was in Kuwait for 18 months in 06/06, and just got home from spending 9 months in Afghanistan. I know exactly how much you just want to have him all to yourself. But you have to remember that there are other people in his life too. Letting some of them spend a little bit of time with him right now will stop them from bugging you about getting together again right away. It will also make you look better in thier eyes if that relationship should need any improving.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    as a single person, i'm going to interject here. i would be VERY angry if my sister's boyfriend said to me "no you can't come when i go to pick your sister up."

his family, his mom and dad and siblings, are his family. they've known him all his life and love him to death in a way that a spouse/partner/bf/gf will never love that person. don't deny his brother the opportunity to see his brother, because it has been the same amount of time since he's seen him too.

let your bf spend time with his family the first night he is back - go out to dinner together or whatever, and then go back to your place together. i understand you love him but his family loves him too.