My sort of day with intermittent fasting...

Options
I say "sort of" because I had two meals today instead of one big one. I had a much bigger breakfast than usual consisting mostly of protein. I didn't eat lunch at all, and I didn't have any craving/desire to eat the whole day. I probably could have skipped dinner too, but that ended up being my "feast" for the day. And you know what? I think I might eat like this a LOT more often! And maybe I can work towards having one meal eventually, but baby steps for now :)

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I experimented with that a few years ago. I did get quite lean, but it wasn't really conducive to my lifestyle. Definitely keep the fasts shorter than 16 hours...past that your body will really ramp up protein degradation. Up until that point you should be fine. Definitely takes some adjustment. The first day might be easy but it is a real test of willpower for the next few.
  • cstricklin81
    cstricklin81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I say "sort of" because I had two meals today instead of one big one. I had a much bigger breakfast than usual consisting mostly of protein. I didn't eat lunch at all, and I didn't have any craving/desire to eat the whole day. I probably could have skipped dinner too, but that ended up being my "feast" for the day. And you know what? I think I might eat like this a LOT more often! And maybe I can work towards having one meal eventually, but baby steps for now :)

Sundays for me are always like that. I just really do not seem to get all that hungry on Sunday. Maybe it has to do with work? I work 6 days a week.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that's an interesting point. Maybe I should NOT skip lunch tomorrow when I'm at work then!

I wasn't planning to do this long-term, just 1-3 days per week to shake up my system a little bit. My weight loss has been very slow the last few weeks so I wanted to try something different.