Top Ten Best and Worst Foods

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

sorry that list is stupid

the "good" foods are individual items and most of the "bad" ones are entire entrees

labeling foods good or bad without context is silly. i eat one of the bad foods almost everynight, oooo
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I knew I loved Sweet Potato for a reason!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    sorry didnt mean to label foods as 'good' and 'bad'

i just liked how it talks about the different vitamins in all the veggies and stuff!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I ate the cambells chicken noodle soup and the haagen dazs today! Am I going to wake up tomorrow fat again? D:

Also: those crisp breads on the best foods are glorified cardboard xD ick!!
  • Acg67
    Options

i just liked how it talks about the different vitamins in all the veggies and stuff!

for instance i don't think sweet potatoes are any better then white potatoes and they tend to demonize cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium in the bad foods. again totally leaving out context
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I ate the cambells chicken noodle soup and the haagen dazs today! Am I going to wake up tomorrow fat again? D:

You'll be lucky to wake up at all ;)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I almost choked on a grape right now. I think this healthy food thing is bogus since it is apparently trying to kill me.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options

for instance i don't think sweet potatoes are any better then white potatoes and they tend to demonize cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium in the bad foods. again totally leaving out context

Do you not think that sweet potatoes are better for you because you've done research, or just because you don't think so? I have been hearing the benefits of sweet potatoes for many years... I have heard that they have a higher number of certain vitamins and minerals. Not so much that white potatoes are bad for you but sweet potatoes provide more nutrients.

Also, I do think the comparisons are a bit unfair. I can't really see how you can compare a fruit and a vegetable to an entree at Olive Garden. I mean I know those foods are bad, but of course they are going to have more calories and fat than broccoli. I can see what they were getting at though... listing the top 10 best health foods and 10 worst bad foods, I guess? Anyway, I am surprised Campbell's Soup beat out Top Ramen, Top Ramen has way more sodium than Campbell's does.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    7-ounce white potato with skin: 220 calories, 5g protein, 51g carbs, 20mg calcium, 115mg phosphorus, 2.8mg iron, 16mg sodium, 844mg potassium, 4g fiber, .22mg thiamin, .07mg riboflavin, 3.3mg niacin, 16mg vitamin C

7-ounce sweet potato: 208 calories, 3.5g protein, 49g carbs, 56mg calcium, 110mg phosphorus, 1mg iron, 20mg sodium, 693mg potassium, 5g fiber, 4350 RE vitamin A, .14mg thiamin, .13mg riboflavin, 1.2mg niacin, 49mg vitamin C.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    7-ounce white potato with skin: 220 calories, 5g protein, 51g carbs, 20mg calcium, 115mg phosphorus, 2.8mg iron, 16mg sodium, 844mg potassium, 4g fiber, .22mg thiamin, .07mg riboflavin, 3.3mg niacin, 16mg vitamin C

7-ounce sweet potato: 208 calories, 3.5g protein, 49g carbs, 56mg calcium, 110mg phosphorus, 1mg iron, 20mg sodium, 693mg potassium, 5g fiber, 4350 RE vitamin A, .14mg thiamin, .13mg riboflavin, 1.2mg niacin, 49mg vitamin C.

I :heart: Facts and "side by side" comparisons!!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

Also: those crisp breads on the best foods are glorified cardboard xD ick!!

Awww I like the crispbreads! But then again, they're mostly just a vehicle for peanut butter xD
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That list was just stupid.

How about, a 10 Litre bucket of avocado versus half a cucumber.

One has 10,000 calories the other only 8 and some fibre.

Not really comparing apples with apples is it....
  • oliviapeacock
    oliviapeacock Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I am a sweet potato girl! =]
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options

I am a sweet potato girl! =]

Me too..... not the girl part.

Baked with butter....yummy
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i dont rate this list at all....
  • Acg67
    Options

Do you not think that sweet potatoes are better for you because you've done research, or just because you don't think so? I have been hearing the benefits of sweet potatoes for many years... I have heard that they have a higher number of certain vitamins and minerals. Not so much that white potatoes are bad for you but sweet potatoes provide more nutrients.

They have complementary nutritional differences, does a little vitamin A and fiber make it better then white potatoes with higher iron, magnesium and potassium?