Heathy Ice-Cream.

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm sure loads of you have heard of this already but I was so excited when I found out about it. This ice-cream contains JUST bananas.

Anyway, you cut up the bananas into little slices and put them on a baking tray (spread them out so they don't touch). Once frozen take them out and blend them until grainy (like little bits of sand) and re-freeze the whole lot in a tub. Once frozen let it soften slightly and enjoy. It tastes so creamy, apparently it's something to do with the breakdown of the cells in the banana!

Also, I added some coconut cream (about two heaped tablespoons per 4 bananas, once blended) and it was delicious.

Hope someone finds this as exciting as me and that all your journeys are going well!:)

Calories:

50 per tablespoon (15 grams) coconut cream
105 per medium banana

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing =)
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy....thanks
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've done this before and it is SO yummy. Usually I don't refreeze it though... I just freeze a banana and then food process it with a tablespoon or two of milk and it turns into a creamy treat! Sometimes I add peanut butter, yummm.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I've done this before and it is SO yummy. Usually I don't refreeze it though... I just freeze a banana and then food process it with a tablespoon or two of milk and it turns into a creamy treat! Sometimes I add peanut butter, yummm.

Peanut butter with it, YUM, thanks!:)
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Look forward to trying this.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting now i can have ice cream again
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Add vanilla extract and and simple syrup (just a little) to get something really special. I like mine topped with chopped strawberries!

6921816.png
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas pretty much every day anyway.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I made it and i'm looking forward to eating it! Thankyou!
  • kamhap2003
    Options
    sounds great! thanks for sharing
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ooh I can't wait to try this! I might just quickly go home at lunch time to put a banana in the freezer so I can have this tonight!
  • zoodalia
    Options
    thank you for posting now i can have ice cream again

I really hope you enjoy it:)
  • zoodalia
    Options
    Ooh I can't wait to try this! I might just quickly go home at lunch time to put a banana in the freezer so I can have this tonight!

I hope that works in the same way:) I've heard that one can cut bananas in half and pop them on lollipop sticks then freeze them... that's meant to be nice too so I'm sure it will be lovely:)
  • inge88
    Options
    OMG!! This was soooooo delicious!!! @zoodalia, I did it the same way as you did, sliced them up and put them in the freezer.
    Looking for words to describe how good this was!! Orgasmic?!!!!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • 1804ds
    1804ds Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • inge88
    Options
    oooh, and I totally forgot to tell that I actually licked to food processor!!! Haha couldn't believe it either but I had to make sure I got every tiny little bit out! It was just so delicious. I have another baking tray ready in the freezer. Unfortunately over my calorie goal already so will have to wait until tomorrow *sigh*