Stronger, Better, Faster.......Feb 20th

Options
It's feeling a little lonely on this post.

Getting the crown was a bit rough yesterday. I did manage to make it to water aerobics, though. I love seeing how much I've changed in some ways. 2 years ago, I would have considered water aerobics a moderately difficult workout - now it feels like goofing off. Many years ago when I started yoga (with a few friends), we would all go out for a dinner and a brownie afterward.

Today I'm hoping to make it to a yoga flow class and get some cardio at the gym.

Happy workouts and happy weekend y'all.

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    It's feeling a little lonely on this post.

Getting the crown was a bit rough yesterday. I did manage to make it to water aerobics, though. I love seeing how much I've changed in some ways. 2 years ago, I would have considered water aerobics a moderately difficult workout - now it feels like goofing off. Many years ago when I started yoga (with a few friends), we would all go out for a dinner and a brownie afterward.

Today I'm hoping to make it to a yoga flow class and get some cardio at the gym.

Happy workouts and happy weekend y'all.

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Mary, I know. I was wondering where everyone went.
    Well, I've come to the conclusion that I am just too busy. I'm too busy and I'm too lazy. Everyday I have something going on in the mornings, except Monday which is usually a catch up day from the weekend. But there's women (and men) I know that work all day, work out and take care of the kids too. I don't know how they do it. I don't know how I am going to fit a work out in when we get more kids. So when I think about that, I say, "Well, I'm just going to have to find an easier way to lose weight. I'm just not going to have time to work out when we get our kids!" How do people do it? I'm not a go go go person. I'm a low stress take it easy type person.
    So with that being said (I really have no idea where I was going with that), I did not meet my goals this week. None of them. I think things will settle back down after tomorrow and I can figure out a way to get work outs in.
    Today is Bible study, finish the cleaning up, log cals, try to get some kind of work out in, and relax before tomorrow.
    I hope everyone is doing okay! Have a good Friday!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. . .

Today I'm aiming for bikram after a marathon editing session. Almost there. . .but the problem is, if you're a perfectionist-type with sometimes low self-esteem, editing can go on for ever. I'm declaring it finished some time tomorrow, as I need time to practice reading it out loud, pack, meet with the cat-sitter, and make all the other arrangements for travel.

So, until then I'm hydrating, editing and taking an hour off to go get my nails did. For whatever reason, that works as an incentive to go to yoga. I have no idea why.

Hey, MM. . .I read this great article about exercise (which I have of course lost or purged in a fit of organization) that compared it to saving money. You look at the amount of time and find a way to pay yourself first. Just like saving money. . .I know with both money and time, if I wait to use "whatever's left over" to save or work out with. . .there's nothing left over. I realize now that when I'm exercising, everything else is more manageable. I also know that's easier said than done. Is there anyway you can get a half-hour or an hour to yourself, and that way can achieve some modified goals? I know I also set my goals too high sometimes, and then don't achieve them and then get discouraged and do nothing. Just my two cents.

OK, now this post needs editing:tongue: Especially for run-on sentences.

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, and Mary. . .I went to an aqua-fit class and felt the same way about it. I used to do one about every three months in my former life and it felt like murder. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    You're right V as usual! :wink: I need to make time even if it's just half an hour. I did do my push ups and sit ups, just now. I may go for a walk with DH and Alex later. Right now I need to finish cleaning, so all I have to do in the morning is a few dishes and get me and Alex dressed and ready! I am logging my food so far. Today is going a little better than previous days. I'm also still waiting to hear from the doctor about my blood work. Still bleeding some most days. Getting tired of it!:grumble:
    Back to work!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    You're right V as usual! :wink:
    MM

As I like to say "take my advice. . .I'm not using it!" :wink: I always wish I was better at doing what I say. . .