I've learned that...

...you don't have to stop eating the things you love, or only eat things that are deemed "Clean" to lose weight and get healthier.

...most doctors/nutritionists don't keep up to date with current research, are are one of the worse perpetrators of myth spreading.

...I have more self control than I ever thought I did.

...there's no need to overcomplicate this process.

How about you?

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Patience and consistency is vital for success
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    You're right, I have cut out junk food and only have them as treats but still eat the meals I enjoy, I just cook them differently.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    If I want to be successful at getting and keeping the weight off, I need to make sure I don't think of this as a diet because a diet has a beginning and an end. There will be no end to the way I eat now.

I have also learned that healthy foods can actually taste good and that a salad can be an entree and not a side.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I learned it's all about portion control. There's no magic food, or magic food combination, or any special technique. Eat the proper amount of whatever you eat, and you will be successful.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    For me, eat when you're hungry (if you can), eating smaller portions more often works for me.

(yes, I know it doesn't work for anyone, but I need to eat often otherwise I go a bit nuts, doesn't matter if I ate 200 cal or 600 cal two hours before. sigh)

Healthy choices rock and taste great.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I am not doomed to be fat. i don't belong to some mystery sub class of human beings that cannot lose weight.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    I can run!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    I am not doomed to be fat. i don't belong to some mystery sub class of human beings that cannot lose weight.

^^^ cheers to this friend! :drinker: