Has anyone heard of the Cabbage Soup diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've tried the whole thing (soup+food plan) a few years ago. Got sick of the soup after 3 days! If you want to "jump start" your weight loss, any low calories plan will do... No need to eat crappy soup for that!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If you try it be prepared to stay around a bathroom the whole time. LOL.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Totally agree ! Its not a diet, It is a life style change !:smile:
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have done the GM Diet a couple times (it's very similar, if not the same as the cabbage diet). The first couple times I cheated a lot because I was only doing it to support a friend doing it. This last time I did it, I actually followed it exact. It is VERY HARD to reach your calorie goal (and I'm only at 1200). And I found it extremely hard to work out. The first two days, I nearly passed out in the gym because my body just wasn't getting enough. I stuck it out to day 7 (the GM is only 7 days), but I'll agree with others that posted here, I likely only lost water weight, and it doesn't necessarily stay off. I did keep up with the healthy lifestyle etc so I didn't gain it all back, only a pound or two. But I'm sure everyone is different.

I wouldn't use this as a cleanse....even though your system will feel pretty clean by day 4 lol. Maybe a jumpstart, but not a long term solution.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work, you have to change your lifestyle.

This.
    yes this
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i did it... and i actually found the soup tasted really good! but i would more call it onion soup than cabbage soup and ummmm...... a lot of onion in sooo, you can do the math. so that wasn't the best. plus after about 4 days of drinking the soup i was a little fedup and totally embarrassed to go anywhere because of the onion. hahahahahaha, hey, it's about honesty right?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You will kick yourself for stopping 30 DS to do this. It's a fad, just like all the rest of them. The body does a pretty good job of cleansing itself, since that's what major organs, like the kidneys, liver, and bowels, are meant for.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I think it's really just an extremely low calorie diet. It will work for weight loss, my wife and I did it years ago, but it is a diet - you will gain it back when you finish the diet. I sort of liked the soup, and it can be made low sodium. I suppose if you wanted to incorporate it as a part of your everyday life, it wouldn't hurt as a low cal, filling soup.