I am over weight!!!

Options
I just checked my BMI and I am no longer obese!!!! I was 183 at the start of my weight loss journey and just weighed in this weekend at 153. That puts my BMI at just under obese!! Never thought I would be so happy to be considered overweight!! 25 more lbs and I will be considered normal for my height!!!

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great but you shouldn't be using your BMI as a guideline, rather user your BodyFat %
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! I can't wait to be overweight!!!
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great but you shouldn't be using your BMI as a guideline, rather user your BodyFat %

Well, its not really a guideline. My goal really is to get to a weight where I look and feel good. It's just nice to see that little dial moving on the BMI calculator.
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrat daisy, your doing great, and I am Obese, wow this is the first time I ever wrote that word.:(
    But I am doing something about it as well, I'm so determine.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Happy Holiday to you and your family.:flowerforyou:
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrat daisy, your doing great, and I am Obese, wow this is the first time I ever wrote that word.:(
    But I am doing something about it as well, I'm so determine.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Happy Holiday to you and your family.:flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have been looking forward to saying that I am overweight - not there yet - but I can imagine how good it feels. Enjoy and be proud!11672710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    Great job!!!! I know how you feel I finally got to the overweight mile stone and i was never so happy to say I was no longer obese. I am one pound away to having lost the equivalent of my youngest son 83 pounds. That will be a big day for me too.
  • soonersfan1975
    Options
    Body fat % is the far most important measurement then any other way of telling if someone is fat,overwieght, or obese. I always ask people would you rather weigh 200 lbs and 8% body fat or 185 lbs and 25% body fat. Just remember BMI and weight are only a small part of the numbers the most inmportant is body fat %!
  • stefkhan
    stefkhan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't use the BMI as a way to measure your weight - it is unrealistic, especially if you are woman with natural curves. I'm 5'2" and it says I should weight 112 lbs...I am very nicely shaped...and cannot preserve my curves if I go below 140.

Go by how you feel, how your clothes fit...personally I don't find super skinny as being attractive.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I just checked my BMI and I am no longer obese!!!! I was 183 at the start of my weight loss journey and just weighed in this weekend at 153. That puts my BMI at just under obese!! Never thought I would be so happy to be considered overweight!! 25 more lbs and I will be considered normal for my height!!!
    Daisy I am doing a {{{happy dance}}} for you. I too remember the day I was no longer considered obese but overweight. I am working in the same direction you are and I will make it to the normal range within the next few months with the Good Lord's help.

Congratulations and keep up the good work. AWESOME achievement.
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm looking foward to being overweight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!