Confession, I am not who I thought I was..

Options
2»

Replies

• charlieduc
    Options
    So you hit a plateau, that is easy to do during the holidays! Pick yourself up and get back on track! You will feel so much better...you have made it this far...do not quit now! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    You have to sit down and think what motivated you in the first place. Whatever that is you have to find a way to get it back. Also you may need to find new motivational techniques. Take a look at old pictures, go shopping, etc.

Also decide what is derailing you? Is it diet? The holidays? work out getting stale? Change things up.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    First off, ;lets not talk DIEt - Diet is DIE with a T tacked on. Lets call it Life - and you need to live it. So, you fell off the wagon - get back on!

When you first started to work out and change your eating was it always easy? It wasn't. It isn't. You just have to do it. And your MFP family is here to help.

Look at some of your NSV's - look at your goal, make small goals along the way. Do not let 190 days go to waste - you are worth so much more than that.

Friend me - we can motivate each other!!! Its not about luck its about will. Best to you. GO FOR IT
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I do understand how you are feeling. Please don't give up! I know you can do this and you know you can also. Find other reasons to be motivated. Think about how good you feel when you finish exercising.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've hit a rough patch. Seems like a lot of people do this time of year, myself included. A big thing is to try to break it down day to day. If you have a bad one, it doesn't mean the week is ruined, try again the next day. Better yet if you have a bad meal, try again at the next meal. Sometimes we get so caught up in the big picture it becomes too overwhelming. Remember you are getting healthy for the rest of your life, it takes time and nobody is perfect and gets it right all the time.

Set little goals for yourself throughout your day, and take pride in meeting them. Something that seems so small but can make a huge difference. Like what you ate for breakfast, what you reached for when have a snack, etc...

You can do this! You've already proved that to yourself and all of us, now go out and prove it to yourself all over again.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I've been here around the same amount of time that you have and I've been there...many times! What helps is thinking about EVERYTHING you would give up if you quit.

This is a tough time of year when so many of us have so many other things to focus on and so much to do. Give yourself a little break right now and do the best that you can. Try to stay in your calorie allowance. Exercise when you can...at least try to maintain.

Trust me, you won't be the only one hitting the ground running after the New Year!

Good luck!!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Girl, you made it to "ONEderland", so that alone should be motivation for you. But think about your summer vacation and how you'd like to look. Speak over yourself and encourage yourself. You've made such good progress; don't quit now.
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I noticed that you said you work in an office and sit all day. So do I. So I put a timer on my computer and every 30 minutes when it goes off I stand up and do ten of something: squats, touch my toes, shrugs, arm circles, etc. I never count it as exercise but it gets me moving a bit and brightens my day and my attitude. Try it!

Great idea!
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? Can you join a group fitness class? A way for others to keep you accountable even when you feel you can't? I find disappointing myself to be bad but disappointing others to be horrible...
    Good luck in your journey! You WILL persevere!