HRM

Options
I'm looking for a cheap (but effective) heart rate monitor that counts calories as well. I also need a cheap kitchen scale. I usually shop on amazon. I need to keep it pretty cheap as I am currently unemployed. No more than 50 dollars for both maybe. Any suggestions please respond! Thanks!

Replies

• chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I found a $20 hrm that does calories as well on amazon yesterday and I think its realistic you can get that and the scale both for under $50 if you use the free super saver shipping.
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    go on to ebay! i just ordered a HRM for 8 dollars! new still in the packaging.and yeah it does do calories and i also got a new bathroom scale for 11 dollars.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, cheap and HRM are two words you don't want to put together... because the cheaper it is, the worse it is at estimating calories.

Polar is the best brand.. Not sure what the FT4 is currently retailing for on amazon, but you can look. That is prob. the cheapest effective HRM(that accurately estimates calories burned) that you will find.

As far as a kitchen scale, I can't help you there... but look at walmart or target.. they generally have good deals on stuff like that.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,166 Member
    Options
    Many of those cheap HRM do not do continue reading of your HR through a chest strap. If it does not have a chest strap you might as well save your money because it is useless for calorie counting. Even if it gives a calorie number it is probably no more accurate than you guessing. Expect for what you want a HRM is going to be a minimum of $50 dollars (give or take $10). A good digital kitchen scale can be found on sale for $10 sometimes less.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i got mine for walmart. it was 50 bucks it has a chest strap too. Only thing I have noticed and I dont know if this is because it is a cheaper brand, that it do not register all that great when I do videos. I will do my 30DS or zumba and all of a sudden its telling me my heart rate is like 250. Which I know isn't true. I don't know if anyone else has these issues or not but that is one I have
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i got mine for walmart. it was 50 bucks it has a chest strap too. Only thing I have noticed and I dont know if this is because it is a cheaper brand, that it do not register all that great when I do videos. I will do my 30DS or zumba and all of a sudden its telling me my heart rate is like 250. Which I know isn't true. I don't know if anyone else has these issues or not but that is one I have

I have had it with my Polar when first starting and there a numerous reasons why it happens...

One-Strap is not tight enough
    Two-Strap is not Wet enough
    Three-The battery in the transmitter is going
    Four-The strap needs to be washed..

All of those are reasons why it can happen.. so play around with that list and see if any of that helps.
  • katy050692
    Options
    Polar FT4 HRM.

Bought mine for about 50£ a whiel ago, definately worth every penny!

I love it :bigsmile: