Need Assistance! from WOMEN ONLY

Hi,

So, for the past two weeks i've been eating better and exercising more than i have been for the past year. Before this two week period i was sick with the stomach flu and general cold/fever for about a week. My question is this: I was supposed to get my period this past Friday, and i havent gotten it yet! I'm worried! Theres no pains, no feeling of period, either! I'm definately not pregnant, because i am not involved ;) In the past (a year + ago) whenever I dieted or ate better and exercised, I would get my period earlier, not this late! Any advice ?!

Replies

• My mom made some lamb liver for me on Saturday, because she's concerned i'm not getting enough iron.. but i know i am!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    I wouldn't worry a the moment, everyones body reacts differently to diet/exercise and illness.

I cant really suggest anything you can do, Im sure it will sort itself out.
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    HI, I can only say at my age that I have for the past 6 yrs been irregular. I do know stress can change cycles as well. Maybe the sickness was also an issue. I have also heard that a change in your activity such as more exercise may cause changes.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Our bodies can fluctuate quite a bit. I would wait a week or so. Have you moved or are you spending time with a group of women that you hadn't been before? My body likes to adjust with the women around me. For several months my cycle was ranging from 21 to 25 days.
    Wait and see.
  • Jranalli76
    Jranalli76 Posts: 6 Member
    Illness, exercise and rapid loss weight sometimes causes a missed period - I've been there myself!
    But I would call my gyno to be sure it's nothing more serious.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    I would call my Gyno. I'm 28, and even though my period has changed a lot with loosing +80 lbs, I've never been over 3 days late for a period.
    I would suggest calling and talking with your Gyno, or their nurse, and see what they say.

Thanks for sharing,

SLB
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Hello I wanted to tell you what happened to me for the first 6 months of begining my new lifestyle I got my period for 2 weeks on and then 2 weeks off! I was even on the birth control pill. It drove me up a wall but I was told by my doctor it is normal for your body to rebel against you LOL. The change happens and your body will get used to it. They might even be a little lighter too.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Exercise, stress, and different eating habits can cause a missed period.

When I went to basic training I had all three of those factors... my periods stopped for five months.
  • Thanks so much for your responses :smile: I'll definately give my doctor a call! Last night my mom was telling me almost the same things you have told me here: that it's normal for this to happen as we age. I turned 32 in October btw.