How many times a day , week or months you weigh your self?

Options
Hi guys, was wondering how many times a day, week or months do you weigh yourself for next week in ??

and 2 question is for the people that started dieting first time,like today i started my diet did everything right but for some reason i got a headache and i was under my calorie by 500..

but yeah for people that started dieting first time, did you had the same problem?

Replies

• Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty often, at least once a day. I like to see the fluctuations and I don't let them go to my head and get all freaked out by them.

The headache could be from several things. A lot of times it is from not properly hydrating yourself. Eat those calories! That should help too!
  • mcovillion
    Options
    started 2 weeks ago. i weigh myself about 2-3 times a week. i think i'm going to just do it once a week. headaches could be from the change in your diet. did u cut out caffeine? i need one cup of coffee in the morning or i get a headache later. and drink water! good luck!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself monthly, but since I'm really trying to lose a decent amount my January and March, a good MFP friend suggested I start weighing myself weekly to see if I need to adjust things along the way. So I am now weighing myself weekly starting today.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    started 2 weeks ago. i weigh myself about 2-3 times a week. i think i'm going to just do it once a week. headaches could be from the change in your diet. did u cut out caffeine? i need one cup of coffee in the morning or i get a headache later. and drink water! good luck!

Trust me i being drinking water all day.. and no i dont usually drink coffee any-ways.. usually is the tea.. and i didnt drink tea.. so maybe its either the diet or the tea lol
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself monthly, but since I'm really trying to lose a decent amount my January and March, a good MFP friend suggested I start weighing myself weekly to see if I need to adjust things along the way. So I am now weighing myself weekly starting today.

Thats GOOD :) but i heard that its not good to weigh in weekly or daily because when you see the number not going down, you end up being dis pointed and more lately to start eating more.. :S lol
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Once a week -- any more often would drive me crazy!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have a scale big enough........so I have no weighed myself since I started. I am going in every 6 weeks to get weighed at the Dr.s office and my first weigh in will be second week of Jan. I am very curious if I am doing okay and if I have lost anything at all.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ah, the age old question.

I've found that weighing daily (mornings before breakfast) works best for me. There have been periods when I've become obsessed, weighing 5, 10 or more times a day, and the fluctuations drove me absolutely NUTS! Why would I do that to myself? Sheesh. Now that I am approaching my goal weight, I am seeing much less dramatic losses (some weeks I don't lose anything), so I think I may switch to weighing once a week.
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself daily as then you get obsessed. Do once a week same time and in same clothes xx
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    once a week
    every monday in the morning, before doing anything else.
    but I belive that the most exact results you get comparing weight on 4 weeks basis (for girls)
    as menstruation cycle makes us go up and down 4-5lbs
  • charm9
    charm9 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have to check the scales each day first thing in the morning. I sometimes check the night before to try and get an idea of what my weight might be in the morning. I weigh in on this site twice a week and will reduce to once a week when the weightloss starts to slow a bit. It may seem obsessive doing it every day but I find it actually keeps me motivated.
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday mornings.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Generally once a week, on Tuesday mornings, when the calories of the weekend have been metabolized.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Monday is my "official" weigh-in day. I usually step on the scale again Wed or Thur.

When I started dieting I had killer headaches. I cut down (way down) the caffiene from coffee, tea and soft drinks. I also cut sugar way down. It took a while for my body to adjust.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When my scale works i weigh myself 1X a day but now it's like 1X a week at the gym. I only record 1X a week.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    daily; first thing each morning. (i'm in maintenance phase for several years now.)

where i'm at in my five pound range helps to determine my food choices for the day.
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Once a month. Don't own a scale.
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Once a month. Don't own a scale.

kudos to you!