FAT VRS PROTEIN

Options
ok i am usually really good with calories counts but sometimes i am over on protein no more then 5, and under on fat someti:grumble: mes up to 10.

will this under on fat compensate for the overage on protein?

:huh:
Thanks

Replies

• faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    ok i am usually really good with calories counts but sometimes i am over on protein no more then 5, and under on fat someti:grumble: mes up to 10.

will this under on fat compensate for the overage on protein?

:huh:
    Thanks
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    to answer your question... no, they don't perform the same function in the body.

But those amounts aren't all that far off so I don't see it as a big deal. Of course do your best to try and get there, but as long as you're close, I don't think it should be a big problem.
  • EducatedVegan
    Options
    Honestly, you shouldn't worry about that small of a difference. It sounds like you're doing a really great job at eating balanced calories. If you were getting way too much protein, and way too little fat, I'd try to fix that, but it sounds like you're doing a great job.
  • LeeAnn11
    Options
    Well I seem to be the opposite - my calories are OK and so is the fat BUT my protein is wayyyy out. Mainly because I have a protein shake for breakfast and one for lunch as well. Will the excess protein turn into fat?? Should I cut out one of the shakes? It's just way too handy to whip up a shake rather than cooking something...thanks!