Replies

• Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Anyone?
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't measure but I usually whip 3 whites & 1 half yolk

Saute a cup of spinach, some onions, green peppers, and mushrooms & a slice of Sam's Club Turkey bacon.

Pour the egg mixture over sauteed veggies, flip, sprinkle a little fat free cheddar or feta. Fold & top with a slice of fresh tomato.
  • MsSickOfBeingFluffy
    Options
    My boyfriend & son had chinese a few nights ago and I used the veggies (onions/scallions/spinach) from left over mongolian beef tto fill my omelet. Also used some left over crushed tomatoes and added a lil parsley + a little fat free cheddar. Was delish- best omelet ever!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Made one yesterday using 1 yolk, 3 whites, 1/4 cup of fat free ricotta cheese mixed in the eggs, and filled it with1/4 cup of shredded 6 cheese italian blend and some dried basil, garlic powder, cracked pepper, and sea salt. This also works well with part skim or reduced fat mozzarella. Comes out very good, the ricotta cheese makes the eggs creamy and boosts the flavor and protein in the omelet.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I always use a little S&P and garlic powder in 8 tbsp of 100% egg whites or 3 large egg whites.

Mine are usually: tomato, baby spinach, red onion
    black olive and onions
    bell peppers and onions
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Pizza Omelette

1/2 cup egg whites (I use Naturegg)
    1 Pillers turkey pepperette, halved lengthwise and sliced
    2 tbsp President's Choice salsa
    2 tbsp green onion, chopped
    1/3 cup skim mozzarella, shredded
    PAM

Saute the pepperette and green onions in a pan with some PAM or similar non-stick spray until onion starts to brown and sausage is warmed through and beginning to brown. Pour the egg into the pan. Let cook, lifting the edges and tilting the pan to make the liquid egg fill in the gaps. When it's almost fully cooked, spread the salsa and the cheese on one half of the omelette and fold in half. Continue cooking until cheese is melted and the omelette is browning.

Ta da! I was surprised how much it tasted like pizza when I made this up the other day.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Thanks Guys, Eggsactly (Sorry) what I was looking for.