How did you....

Options
nakabi
nakabi Posts: 589 Member
how did you meet your spouse & when you did, did you know he/she was the one you were going to marry?

The Mr. & I met in a chatroom while I was going to uni in NY & he was in uni in MO. I was chatting with some friends back home in Uganda and he asked what language we were talking. Long story short, we started chatting, met over Christmas break several months later, and have been together ever since. When we first met, I was pretty sure we were going to get married. I've never been a fan of dating lots of people...
I truly believe he is the one that was made for me and we complement each other so well!

Replies

• calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    We met at work a few months before my wedding. He caught my garter at my wedding. That marriage lasted 9 months. I've been married to this one 21 years...
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I met my DH at an apt complex we lived at. He lived in the front apt and I lived in the back. Same floor. He got home a few seconds before me every day and all I saw for a while was him walking up the stairs. Cute Rear I keep thinking to myself. Then I started watching to see if there was a significant other about. When I noticed there was not I went to his door, knocked and asked him out. He said sure, why not? We've been together ever since. 24 years and counting. One of the things I loved about him from the first? He never, ever judged me for my weight. He accepted me for the person I am inside. :heart:
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance online. He sent me a message one day, i replied. And we've spoken everyday since. And that was over 3 years ago!!
    He moved 250 miles to be with me, and we now have two amazing children, our own home, and we are getting married in june 2013!!

I deffinately knew he was "the one" from the start. Just little things made me believe.
    I fell in love with him without ever seeing a proper picture of him, and when i saw him i fell in love all over again!

He is my soulmate :love: :heart:
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I met my DH at an apt complex we lived at. He lived in the front apt and I lived in the back. Same floor. He got home a few seconds before me every day and all I saw for a while was him walking up the stairs. Cute Rear I keep thinking to myself. Then I started watching to see if there was a significant other about. When I noticed there was not I went to his door, knocked and asked him out. He said sure, why not? We've been together ever since. 24 years and counting. One of the things I loved about him from the first? He never, ever judged me for my weight. He accepted me for the person I am inside. :heart:

awesome! he sounds like a great guy!!!!
  • IvySummers
    Options
    I met my husband on MySpace in May/June of 2009. He was crushing on me and sent me messages contantly. We began an online friendship. He came up to see me from Atlanta in Nov 2009 and never went back. We were married the following Feb. lol. He apparently knew right away that he wanted to marry me. I, on the other hand, had doubts and was scared to get attached. Here we are 2 yrs later, happily married. No children yet, but we're working on it. ;)

Ivy
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Back when people actually used their Myspace a lot (circa early 2009), I woke up early for work and found I had a message in my inbox from someone I didn't know. All the subject said was "Hey"...I was afraid to open it, since I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship 2 months prior to that, and noticed that since I had set my status to being single, I had all kind of creepy weirdos messaging me. So I checked his profile--turns out he graduated the same year as I did, and lived in my town, but I had no idea who he was. The message only said "You're cute! :happy: "...any time I'd ever gotten those, I ignored them...but something told me to reply to him. So I said "Thanks...do I know you?" Went to work, and I had Internet on my phone, so I got the messages...it was a slow day that day, and I only worked a half day...turns out we did not know each other, he had actually just moved to my town. So since I got off early that day, we decided to meet up and go see a movie. Oh, and, keep in mind: this is the first time I had had a date since that terrible break-up I mentioned earlier, not to mention, the first time I'd ever even gone on a date with someone I didn't know. Needless to say, I was super nervous! :laugh: When I met him, I was surprised--he was exactly my height (never dated anyone under 6' before, another first, lol!), but he gave me a hug immediately and we really clicked. The movie we saw in theaters sucked, so we went back to his house to watch another movie. Then we had another date the next night. And the next night. And the next night. I remember leaving for vacation about a week after we'd met, and he sent me emails and called me and actually waited up until past 2am for me to get home from the airport, just to see me when I got back.

To be honest, no, I did not think he was going to be the next person I started a relationship with. We were "friends with benefits" for over a year before we stated an OFFICIAL relationship. So even though we've technically only labelled ourselves "in a relationship" for about a year and a half, we've been mutually exclusive to just each other for almost 3 years. :tongue: We'er now what I call "unofficially engaged"...meaning, we're waiting until I graduate to make it "official"...but we have rings already, and we live together, etc. I'm eternally grateful and blessed to have someone this wonderful in my life. Someone who not only understands me as a person, but accepts me for who I am, as well. :love:
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met on catholicmatch.com :happy: