It's not Christmas until.....

Options
13»

Replies

• TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    For me it isnt until I begin baking. I call it the "BAKING SEASON". This past weekend baking season opened. So far I have been successful in not eating a whole batch of cookie dough.
    Good job not eating the cookie dough!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    For me it's not Christmas until Ciné Cadeau starts, it's been playing for 30 years now around Christmas time and i've watched 95% of those years (this year from December 17 to January 8). You can translate that as Present Cinema. They have 3 or more cartoons a day, my favorites are all the Asterix, Tintin and Lucky Luke. I also love watching Garfield: His 9 lives (the story about Diane the cat makes me cry every single time).

I even have an old tape from 1985 with some of the classics they sadly don't play anymore.

Even if it's not all Christmas oriented, it reminds me of my childhood and time spent with family watching those cartoons when I was young. It also reminds me of the time I spent with my favorite grand father when he was alive.

I've been looking forward to the start of Ciné Cadeau since then end of October. BF, being an anglophone, is on his 2nd year watching it with me and as long as it plays, I plan on having my children watch it too :)
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I hear Christmas music while I am out Black Friday shopping :heart:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Until the Christmas tree and lights are up.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Until the Christmas tree and lights are up.
    I have to agree. Mine still needs work. Tree up but no lights. :( Here's hoping I get it accomplished.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Until I watch ELF at least 3 times lol

Same here! Were one down so far! And snow. Snow really makes it official
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I hear Bowie and Bing's Drummer boy and Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad

I agree. Love the BOwie/Bing's Drummer boy!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Until I watch the Muppet Christmas Carol. It's the BEST version of that story EVER!!!!!!!!!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    It's not Christmas until I hear the Carpenters Christmas album (aw, Karen...) and watch the musical Scrooge (with Albert Finney). I've listened to the Carpenters at least 3 times... never gets old! Still haven't watched Scrooge yet tho... Christmas Eve tradition; Scrooge and homemade caramel corn!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My sister and I always say its officially Christmas time when you buy a bag of mixed nuts (in the shell)

Growing up my dad always had a bowl of mixed nuts with the nutcracker stickin out of it beside his chair around the holidays.