What does NSV stand for?

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
I've looked around and can't figure out what that one stands for....can someone please 'enlighten' me?

Replies

• mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    NEW SIZE VICTORY! When you go down a pant size or shirt, or shoe size even....Im still trying to figure out TOM?!?!...nevermind figured it out! TIME OF MONTH! lol nice!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory
    This.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It means non-scale victory. For example, doing a longer workout than ever before, losing a clothing size, shoes too small, rings falling off because you've lost weight in your fingers, etc. Basically any victory that doesn't have anything to do with the number on the scale.

The reason for NSVs is that scale numbers can be very fickle and depend greatly on so many factors. But NSVs...nothing can change the fact that you went from one size to the next size down or that your shoes are too big. Start looking for those NSVs and feel free to post them!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhhh! I've had tons of those since I started my journey. I've donated bags and bags of clothing to Goodwill, put 4 new holes in my belt (since it keeps getting too big) and now have to have my wedding ring resized since it's literally falling off my finger.

Thanks to all who helped out this noob :)
  • Connie_Pro
    Connie_Pro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shoes too small???
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question! I have been trying to work this around in my head and I never would have come up with non scale victory. I'm loving it though!
  • lilbel2011
    lilbel2011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this was asked and posted. I have read what it meant then I forgot and looked it up and this post came up. =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!