Weighing meat

Options
Sorry, I know this was just asked the other day but I can't remember the answer and I can't find the thread.

Do you weigh meat (specifically ground turkey) before or after you cook it?

If it is weighed before, how do you all figure your amount when cooking for others as well. Do you weigh out your amount and cook it in a separat pan? I just hate to dirty an additional pan and use more burners.

The first time I weighed my spaghetti noodles I weighed them dry, cooked them in a separate pot and weighed them after to know from then on I know how much cooked spaghetti is a serving. But I tend to buy different meats depending on who has what on sale. I suppose I could make myself a conversion list of the different meats I cook....wow I'm so dorky sometimes it frightens me.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I know this was just asked the other day but I can't remember the answer and I can't find the thread.

Do you weigh meat (specifically ground turkey) before or after you cook it?

If it is weighed before, how do you all figure your amount when cooking for others as well. Do you weigh out your amount and cook it in a separat pan? I just hate to dirty an additional pan and use more burners.

The first time I weighed my spaghetti noodles I weighed them dry, cooked them in a separate pot and weighed them after to know from then on I know how much cooked spaghetti is a serving. But I tend to buy different meats depending on who has what on sale. I suppose I could make myself a conversion list of the different meats I cook....wow I'm so dorky sometimes it frightens me.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I weigh my meat after I cook it. I use this website to find calories by cooking method
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks!