Any nurses on this site???

Options
Does anyone know how to log 8 hours of orthopedic (broken bones) nursing? I've been running around like a wild woman today and I really want to make sure I'm not over/under logging. HELP?

Replies

• karynspeace
    Options
    I started wearing a pedometer to help with the "running" portion of cases. Then just time my standing. surely to heaven wearing lead aprons burns more calories!
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What brand of pedometer would you recommend? I'm finding that the ones I've bought from Walmart aren't very accurate
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse. I am new to this site and just starting to log. I have no clue how to log work.. but I will probably just ignore it. It's my "norm" and it didn't keep me thin in the first place!! LOL
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think you should pick the lifestyle as active, and not worry about logging the calories you burn during the day if that is the normal activity you do.

GG
  • Lady_Senie
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I'll just have to work to make sure my 'active lifestyle matches whether or not I'm at work!

.. Of course that means I messed up today... ::shrugs:: Oh well, I work tomorrow too, so I can get it together then ^_~
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've put it into my lifestyle, but I wore a pedometer once and found out I walked 8 miles!!
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm also a nurse, I have my lifestyle set as active and I just consider any extra calories burned at work a bonus. I don't log regular daily activity.
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When you do your settings it asks about the type of work you do. Then MFP takes into account average activity for you profession before setting your calorie goal.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    i would set your lifestyle to lightly active or active
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Lightly active is probably a safe bet.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Lightly active is probably a safe bet.

Mines set for lightly active. But Ill log my cals on days I know Ive got a crazy *kitten* day ie if Im seeing 100 patients or more.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That is part of your normal day....
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't log work.
  • Lady_Senie
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies, everyone! They really helped me out. ^_^