30 day shred- out of shape and overweight!!

Options
I am wanting to buy this dvd this weekend. I've heard some crazy good things about this workout and I'm really wanting to try it. However....I'm very out of shape and very overweight, in fact I weigh 316 pounds. Can I still do this workout? Am I to big to do it?

Replies

• plussizemommy
    Options
    I am wanting to buy this dvd this weekend. I've heard some crazy good things about this workout and I'm really wanting to try it. However....I'm very out of shape and very overweight, in fact I weigh 316 pounds. Can I still do this workout? Am I to big to do it?
  • kevmandfl
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to MFP but still wanted to comment on this DVD.
    I have the 30 day shred and I tried it for the first time yesterday , it was by no means easy , but then it is not meant to be , lol.
    Slow and steady is the way to go , each time you use it , it will get better so they say.
    I am going to stick with it , I must admit I did not do all of it as I HAD to stop for a second or two.
    Very good DVD , hoping it will work .
    Good luck.
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it, what's important to remember is that you need to giver yourself the chance to work up to your potential. The first week or so you may not be able to do all the exercises...that gives you something to work towards. I think if you stick to level 1 a few times a week that's a great start. I have this DVD and after about 2-3 months of doing I'm just now getting comfortable doing level 2.
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are ever too big or too out of shape to do anything. Just listen to your body and take it slow and easy. Start with one or two minutes and see how you do. you can make the movements without exerting yourself too much until your body can handle a little more. Slow but sure wins the race.
  • Sara31
    Sara31 Posts: 10
    Options
    Of course not....you might not be able to do the whole workout at first, but keep trying! One day you will be able to do the whole workout....imagine how good that will feel! I say try it! Good Luck !
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    It is hard, but she does give some modifications. You may just have to do what you can do and you will get better and better. I have problems doing the jumping jacks. So, I run in place and put my arms over my head (like a jumping jack). I think everyone has a hard time with her workout, but she works out her biggest loser contestants just as hard.

Give it a try. Just don't get discouraged if you have problems. You will need hand weights