Sweet Heaven

Options
So...I am all about eating healthier and making sure I am getting what I need...

but I don't want to give up sweets =( I understand not eating everyday and what not, but I love dessert and there are times I don't want to sacrifice.

I need a kick in the butt!

It's hard to not do something when you don't have a will to do it.

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    So...I am all about eating healthier and making sure I am getting what I need...

but I don't want to give up sweets =( I understand not eating everyday and what not, but I love dessert and there are times I don't want to sacrifice.

It's hard to not do something when you don't have a will to do it.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    If you can't do without them, work them into your calories. Instead of a whole piece of cake or whatever it is..have only half. :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

As long as you fit it into your calories and dessert isn't the only thing you are eating during the day, then go for it.

By the way, are you eating those flowers in your av? :smile:
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love desserts, too.

I think healthy eating has to be sustainable, not just a diet, which means sometimes it's OK to have desserts. Just not all the time.

Maybe once or twice a week, treat yourself.

And step up your exercise a bit to compensate.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and have found Smart Ones by Weight Watchers for a full desert (ranging from about 130 calories to about 220) and Skinny Cow mini popsicles for a chocolate treat with only 50 calories. Dark chocolate is also good for cravings and is reasonable in calories. Girhadeli, Lindt and Trader Joe's all have great options. For example a Lindt dark chocolate truffle is about 70 calories. It satifies the sweet craving!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others.
    Work em into your calories.
    Ween off slowly...

Heck, I try not to kick out anything I just CAN'T live without.
    :flowerforyou: