Salt & Vinegar Roasted Potatoes

Options
ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
We love salt-and-vinegar potato chips; why not use the same flavor combination when roasting potatoes?

2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
White vinegar to taste
Kosher salt to taste

1. Preheat oven to 450ºF and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
2. Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil and pepper.
3. Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with vinegar and salt to taste, toss and serve.

SERVES: 6

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 141 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 31 mg sodium; 630 mg potassium.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    Options
    We love salt-and-vinegar potato chips; why not use the same flavor combination when roasting potatoes?

2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    White vinegar to taste
    Kosher salt to taste

1. Preheat oven to 450ºF and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
    2. Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil and pepper.
    3. Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with vinegar and salt to taste, toss and serve.

SERVES: 6

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 141 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 31 mg sodium; 630 mg potassium.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSS!

I am so excited about making this.

I am not really a chip person, EXCEPT salt-and-vinegar.

Thanks!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    It's one of the rare ones I've posted that didn't have any reviews or ratings.
    So, it may need to be tweaked a bit.

I LOVE Salt &Vinegar!
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OMG! You are alife saver. I would have never thought of this! My favorite chips are Malt Vinegar and Sea Salt and I had to give them up for my new low fat life style. I hope this will help my cravings. Thank you thank you thank you!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It says serves six, 141 calories per serving...how much is a serving?
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Ohhhh I love salt and vinegar on big thick french fries!! This looks like a great alternative..

thanks for posting it

and 1/2 the fun will be experimenting ..that means I have to make more to test right :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    That would depend on how accurate you are to the recipe I assume.
    I haven't made these...so the best guess would be make it exactly like the recipe and divide it into 6 servings and measure.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I am going to try it tomorrow. I was not sure was side to make coke with chicken in the crockpot. LandBsdotingchauffeur, she emailed me the greatest crock pot recipes.