Happier

Options
Kdingo
Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
People always told me losing weight will not make you happy. That you have to be happy on the inside first.

Ha! I say.:bigsmile:

I am here to say that even though I am only at the half way mark on my journey. I have found myself much happier and more at peace than I have been in years. My self esteem is up as well.:flowerforyou:

I know it's not just the weight loss but also the fact that I accomplished something. It's not just another failed diet its actually working!

This is probably in the wrong place but I wonder if anyone else has experianced this?:drinker: Or at least understand what I'm trying to get at without me having been fully successful at it...:tongue:

Replies

• LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    I'm not even close to half way to my goal and I'm happier already!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The only unhappy people are the ones who are limiting themselves. It's okay to have one cookie. It's okay to have one chocolate bar. It's okay! It's a matter of self control and managing your food to where you are still full and satisfied and getting everything you need. This isn't a DIET, it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. Great for you on your losses and good luck the rest of your journey! Stay happy and healthy!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    yup!! ME TOO!!
    Great job on your success!! Way to go! :)
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ummmm..... Yeah it does! tell those people to go loose some! lol
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    They're kind-of-sort of right, and what's inside is reflected in our health and fitness usually.
    I once told somebody that I'd rather be miserable and fit than miserable and fat...lol

That shut him up!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    On the one hand, I see what they're saying... losing weight can be a lot like winning the lottery. All of a sudden people pay attention to you differently, and if you aren't in a secure and self-nurturing place already... I guess the attention might feel superficial? That said, though, I don't think that weight loss should be put on hold while you're developing your self-esteem! There is a lot of genuine happiness to be gotten from setting a goal and reaching it! And there are also a lot of endorphins generated when you are exercising which also add to happiness and well-being.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yes yes YES! First of all - congrats on your success and new-found happiness!

The same thing happened and is happening with me. I started this "diet" last year assuming I wouldnt be successful like the million other times I tried it. But unlike the last times, I had HAD it with feeling emotionally, mentally and physically spent all the time. Little by little I started getting ME back. I realized I was in control of myself, my successes and failures, I could do WAY more than I thought I was capable of, I started looking better, feeling better, smiling more.... I still have days where Im down on myself but who doesnt.

Keep at it!
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Yes, I told myself years ago I would never count my calories BUT after so many faliures I told myself I had nothing left to lose (lol) and it has really helped me visualize serving sizes to the point where I don't think I could go back if I wanted to but I NEVER deprive myself of something I want I just usually eat less of it. :drinker:

So happy for all of your successes!:heart:
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think part of the happiness is simply feeling better physically. Typically weight loss comes with increased energy and a sense of accomplishment. Both of these feed into our overall mood and perspective on life. Your weight may not change being happy with everything, but it helps!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It sooo affects who you are. Working towards a goal gives you drive. Success gives you confidence and pride. I am wayyyy happier. My life was good anyway but when I stand on that scale & look in the mirror I see a happier me.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    losing weight won't solve your problems but it will give you increased self-confidence, which will make you happy and then when you're happy you can solve your problems!