47lbs Down!! Before and during pictures...I'm not done yet :

Options
It's kind of hard to believe that I am a success story...I am not finished losing weight yet, but I have come a long way. I have lost 47 pounds!! Looking for before pictures was a little bit scary. I flipped through a bunch of old photos from the end of last year and I don't really recognize the person in them. I don't have a sad story of why I packed on the pounds, I gained a lot of weight over the last few years being married to an amazing chef. We have tons of fun, food, and wine...and it really took a toll on my body. We still have tons of fun, food, and wine, but in balanced, healthy portions....and I exercise...a lot!!

Don't ask me my before or current weight, as I won't tell you ;D, but I am 5'7 and I would like to lose about 30-35 more pounds and continue to tone up. My weight loss has slowed lately and I was upset this weekend after a new dress that I ordered didn't fit me, so I decided to take a look at how far I have come. I feel a lot more proud of myself right now instead of upset about that dress...I kept it, because it WILL fit me sometime soon :).

Before - This photo was taken at our NYE party last year.
Before.jpg

During - This photo was taken about a month ago at our friends' wedding.
Screenshot2011-12-12at51743PM.png

Comparison - Photos of my face...I think you can really tell a huge difference here. The kicker is, I took the photo on the left because I was feeling foxy that day. Now I look at it and think I look very swollen and bloated. Anyway, I am much happier with my current appearance, on the right ;D.
Screenshot2011-12-12at50038PM.png

I hope this post inspires someone...I remember when I first started this process (in April of this year) I would come on the Success Stories board to get inspiration to work out!! All of the hard work and sweat pays off. Thank you MFP for making it so easy to track my food and inspiring me to exercise. Thanks so much to my supportive husband and friends, and my MFP friends for always keeping me motivated!!

Replies

• skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!! Your progress is seriously so incredible =] congrats :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You are one of the finest ladies on MFP and I am so proud that you're my friend!

Keep kicking *kitten* and taking names! :heart:
  • petitfilou
    Options
    You look fab! And you also look 10 years younger, if you don't mind me saying. Well done!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    w:noway: w!!!! You look amazing!! Congrats on your success and your continued journey!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Yes there are some days the reading the success stories help me to back away from the cookie!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great progress photos! They definitely keep me inspired too!!!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Awesome work!!! You look GREAT!!!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I showed my friend this post and she said "Wow, you look awesome!! You really chose an unflattering photo of yourself on NYE though." Hahaha, that was the point!! I picked the worst one ;D. Thanks for the compliments!! I can't wait to work out tonight and keep it up!!
  • slynnmiller
    Options
    super woman!!! you look amazing!
  • bluejuiseritsma
    bluejuiseritsma Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!! I can totally see it in your face!! Awesome job!!!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    Thanks so much!! Trying to write this post made me realize I need to take more full body shots!! I avoided cameras a bit for awhile there so it hasn't come naturally yet!!
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    You look great! WTG! :smile:
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    amazing progress..you look great!
  • dibley_98
    dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job! Can I also say I love your style? Every dress, sweater, everything in these pictures is adorable!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job! Can I also say I love your style? Every dress, sweater, everything in these pictures is adorable!

Thank you so much!! I love CLOTHES!!!!! ;D

I tried to hide that I had gained so much weight with clever cute outfit combos. I am so much happier now that I fit back into my honeymoon jeans and can wear more form fitting dresses again!!!
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    congrats! 47 lbs is a lot of work.. you totally must be proud of yourself..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!